This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Best days canvassing
« on: February 17, 2008, 09:29:35 am »
Havent done canvassing properly for years as i dont like it i usually just leaflet drop and hope for the best well yesterday(saturday) i had to go price a small hotel about 25miles from home so thought i would drop into a few others on the way what a result got a £60 job 8weeks the original job £25/£60 4 weeks a large house £170 and while canvassing another house being renovated one of the guys there was the maintainance manager for a large hotel just reopening for the season £300 4 weeks and possibly changing to every 2 weeks  :o left my business card with loads of other hotels that seemed impressed at my professional approach  ::) and the fact i was using a safe system to clean windows
My plan for world domination starts now!!!! mwah haha
 ;D

Dean

Londoner

Re: Best days canvassing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:51:22 am »
well done. Lord Cohen the founder of Tesco had a motto " You can't do business sitting on your arse" So true.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:10:17 am »
way to go dean ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:07:11 am »
Thanks guys i am feeling quite smug at the moment  :D

Dean

LWC

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:37:11 am »
Thanks guys i am feeling quite smug at the moment  :D

Dean

soon you'll be too good to come on here :P

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 11:39:27 am »
Did i forget to mention i have been taking lessons from jdemarco  ;)
£550 a day no problem

Dean

LWC

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:23 am »
i do miss him

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 03:31:48 pm »
i do miss him
so do i
i miss him as much as my ex wife ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

suds window service

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 08:37:55 pm »
dropped about 500 leaflets last week with help of family,starting to door knock them tomorrow,don,t really like the thought of it but has to be done if i want a business ,keep you all posted lol

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 08:44:54 pm »
After 13 years of window cleaning and having more than enough work to thinking i didnt need any more work i had got stuck in a rut but this days canvasing has given me the kick up the backside i had needed
The canvasing got easier and i got more confident the more i did it so much so i cant wait to get back out again ;D

Dean

chrismroberts

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:30:02 pm »
The canvasing got easier and i got more confident the more i did it so much so i cant wait to get back out again ;D

Dean

Thats so true  ;D ;D The more success you have.... the more success you have... if that makes sense? I guess as you get more work, you feel more relaxed and confident, and people react well to that  :D :D

Well done and good luck  ;)

drwindows

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:27:15 am »
Well done to you aspects.  It is true that you have to just get out there and talk to the people (in charge) if you want to make a difference.  It is very suprising to me how many window cleaners do not bother with this.
After all the worst that anyone can say is no thank you and you have lost nothing.

Dave

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 07:09:57 am »
I agree 100%. Its hard but its got to be done otherwise the round just goes stale, and you with it.
I was out canvassing yesterday. We are concentrating on the big houses in private roads in Northwood at the moment. Not much luck but then I wouldn't expect it. When you do get a result its a good one though.

bluez

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 10:48:19 am »
I hate canvassing, but I force myself from time to time and I find that if I get a hit on the first one it's easy but if i get a couple of nos my confidence is shot and I start to under price and say stupid things and then just stop.

I try to canvass when my confidence is at it's highest.
hi

jonah

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 11:05:47 am »
Spot on bluez , Its a numbers game as well , you might have to knock on a lot of doors but the more you do the more youll get  ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 04:01:49 pm »
Well done to you aspects.  It is true that you have to just get out there and talk to the people (in charge) if you want to make a difference.  It is very suprising to me how many window cleaners do not bother with this.
After all the worst that anyone can say is no thank you and you have lost nothing.

Dave

Thanks mate
In my limited experience with canvassing you cannot beat face to face you can see if they are genuinely interested or just wasting your time that way you are not thinking 'what if i get that job' you know straight away yes or no
i have recently in two different areas put out leaflets and got 2 jobs in one area and nothing in the other and found myself thinking 'what if' this of course is no good you need to ask them face to face to get solid jobs

Dean

suds window service

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38:44 pm »
two appointments tonight got them both feeling confidant so did the whole road lots of no thanks,however picked up three more......still dont like knocking though