This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Heaters
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:49:39 pm »
Its very cold up here tonight its 0c outside at the moment and proberly going colder in the night. Just wondering those who have there RO systems outside or in boxes outside have u got you heaters on tonight?

Today i went out and bought a small parafin greenhouse heater just to keep the temp above freezing  its working a treat its only a small one on the lowest flame setting and its keeping the box outside at 8c - 6c

As i say its only a small one same as the link below! do any of you guys use this sort of thing for heating there vans on very cold nights?

https://www.parasene.com/vshop/details.asp?prodID=418
Dave.

L.J.Thorpe

Re: Heaters
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:20:48 am »
my ro is outside in shed,water comes from outside tap ,through ordinary garden hose lagged with foam,about 40 mtrs of it,then into shed.Last night i set it running at about 5 o clock then we went out,it was minus 3 on the car temp thing at 11 last night ,no heat on in shed(i forgot ::))and all fine this morning....phew ;D

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:02:48 pm »
haha thats lucky thorpe!

goin cold again tonight so get your heater in there :D. Woke up this morning had a look temp is 13 to about 15c its not hot in there jus nice and warm its built up over night with the insulation

dave
Dave.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:14:51 pm »
My pump's still frozen even though it had a polystyrene box over it and a duvet draped over everything in my van last night. :o

Andrew44

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »
my ro is outside in shed,water comes from outside tap ,through ordinary garden hose lagged with foam,about 40 mtrs of it,then into shed.Last night i set it running at about 5 o clock then we went out,it was minus 3 on the car temp thing at 11 last night ,no heat on in shed(i forgot ::))and all fine this morning....phew ;D

Your set-up is same as mine.  What lagging do you use for hose ??  Is it standard poly pipe split rapped in waterproof tape??  If so any problems even in very cold nights??

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

Your set-up is same as mine. What lagging do you use for hose ?? Is it standard poly pipe split rapped in waterproof tape?? If so any problems even in very cold nights??
the same no probs so far just make sure its running on cold nights ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:28:49 pm »
 i have just realised the tanks are full and have to switch off ro in about half hour :o fingers crossed :(

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:01:07 pm »
to insulate a garden hose to shed or Ro whatever, i use several 1 meter lengths of foam tubing, you can get it from garden centers... grey stuff with a splitt along it, then just zip tie it around the hose.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:37:48 pm »
In some parts of the country tonight it`s going to be -8.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:37 pm »
to insulate a garden hose to shed or Ro whatever, i use several 1 meter lengths of foam tubing, you can get it from garden centers... grey stuff with a splitt along it, then just zip tie it around the hose.
thats the stuff ;Donce i have re sown the law it will be burid six ins down and covered in bark mulch DEF no probs after that ;D(not had any yet but just been out to check heater in shed and its freezing WELL HARD  :o :o specially for us....we often get away with it

matt

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:17:05 pm »
ive taken my pump box and prush and hose's in, they are warmer in the garage

so i will not be stuck at home till 11 ;)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34:30 pm »

careful youll be "hitting it out of the park" before you know it ;D i might just move my gear back in the van for a lie - in :o ;)

matt

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:53:02 pm »

careful youll be "hitting it out of the park" before you know it ;D i might just move my gear back in the van for a lie - in :o ;)

yep, 200 quid by 11.00, 400 by lunch time, then by home time i will be joining the " others" by polishing my bat as ive had another "big hitter" day ;)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 11:55:54 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D night mate be safe have goodun

matt

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 11:57:54 pm »
 :)

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 12:18:13 am »
Its currently minus 1.5 here! all cars frozen etc.

my box is nice and toasty  ;D trolly and pole inside conservatory 2night
Dave.