This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

quick revamp of my site
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:54:46 pm »
what ya reakon, im going all frsh looking, last one as a bit too busy for my liking

www.ladderless-window-cleaner.co.uk

its playing up a little at min, so you may get a error message, but when you see it let me know  :)

Mo

Re: quick revamp of my site
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:18:48 pm »
no working

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:21:59 pm »
Worked for me looked good
Uncomplicated with just enough information
Like the animations(if thats what you call them!!)

Dean

LWC

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:16:50 am »
thanks ascpects, i aint finished it yet, just got the over all look that i wanted. want to re write it all too

im promoting my buisness as much as i can now, i want more work lol! with 2 of us were shooting around what used to take me like 5 - 6 weeks in like 3 weeks. so another weeks work wanted. so ive been out canvassing lots, and succesfuly too.

its great when they say no cause i dont need them, i just want more work to keep us busy.  ;D

website seems to be working fine this morning by the way

tonylee

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:45:05 am »
hi matt
looks fantastic. I iaso have an office live site but its just the basic free one. do you pay a monthly fee to get yours looking so good or or am I just a crap designer.
Tony
www.tonyleewindowcleaning.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 11:46:26 am »
no no, mines free too, im just a geek lol  :P

nci,e conserv roof pic, eh hum, lol!

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:33:54 pm »
i made my site with office live too. What do you think?(i still need to do some work on it)

www.leeksons.com

After how long do you have to start paying for it?

LWC

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 02:07:16 pm »
i made my site with office live too. What do you think?(i still need to do some work on it)

www.leeksons.com

After how long do you have to start paying for it?

nice one, one thing for me is the size of your logo, for me i dont like scrolling on  a page, i like it to be there in front of me

and i dont know about payment, as ive had mine over a year and havent heard anything, even if it does cost me, i dont mind because ive had it for so long without payin a penny

Jimmy1

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »
I think both sites look great. (but I wouldnt have a counter on the bottom - you dont want people to know how many people look at your site, but thats my opinion, what does everyone else think???) Im also doing mine at the moment with site builder (free when you web host with Uk Reg).

LWC

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:56 pm »
neither of us have a counter  :P

Richy L

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 03:36:21 pm »
whats wrong with having a counter anyway?
that way i can see how many people are looking at my site.

another thing....
How can you end up higher on a search engine when using this site builder?anyone know?

LWC

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27:53 pm »
oh yeh you do, oops lol

well i just like my site plain and simple, you can have a look at how many people are looking at your site, log into your microsoft live, click website down the side, then site reports, all of them are in there, it also tells you where their coming from

Jimmy1

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 04:46:16 pm »
Nothing wrong with the counter. sorry if you thought I was picking. As for adwords I have another site and tried adwords, they did generate a lot more traffic, but you run the risk of rivals using up all your credit (although adwords do monitor this) I know somebody this happened to, he left his employment and set up on his own and his former employer arranged for his google ads to be constantly clicked until his budget had gone - with no real leads. As for the site builder I'm not really bothered about rankings as yet. I just want to see how many people view the site from advertising (van signwriting & leaflets) first.

LWC

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 04:47:12 pm »
adwords?

do you mean meta tags?

if so yes

LWC

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 04:49:48 pm »
oh that must be something different, i dont know

well as of yet, no one has contacted me through my website, so i dont know, im pretty high on google,
"ladderless window cleaner" comes up on first page, down the bottom, "ladderless window cleaner oswestry" is first now and im up there with "window cleaner oswesry"

i think my visits are from people looking at my van and cards

Jimmy1

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:11 pm »
No sorry, someone asked about adwords and just thought I'd give my take on them. No meta tags all completed. Just in case you want to see how your site looks this is a good site: http://www.freewebsubmission.com/meta-tags.html
dont know if Ive posted the link correct, but it will show you how your site looks, you keywords, meta tags to the robots etc.

LWC

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 07:44:07 pm »
not sure its the right link?

Jimmy1

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 09:43:01 pm »
Sorry Ive been offline. try http://www.freewebsubmission.com/web-page-analyzer.html and type in your web page. Im pleased to see the van signwriting and leaflet drops at least get people looking, thats what I'm hoping for, Ive been reading this forum and another since last July and have now finally took the plunge, I've moved back home to northern Ireland, I'm in an area with no other WFP and I'm really hoping for the best. Realise Ive got a lot to learn, but the forums these past few months have really helped. Hope I can do half as well as some of the forum members, but I'll settle for making a living to start - realise it might be slow, but have allowed 1 year to build a round. Wish me luck......sorry to get off track...