Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ants

SPLIT HOSE ON FREEDOM
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:09:42 pm »
Whats the best way to repair my hose,Ive split it almost right through.I gaffer taped it up to finish work today, it works ok, but really needs fixing properly.

jeff1

Re: SPLIT HOSE ON FREEDOM
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:20:04 pm »
Best way to repair it is to replace it?
if its a good emergency repair you want then buy a roll of Self amalgamating tape.
A conformable black non-adhesive polyisobutylene- based tape with strong elastic qualities backed by a thin film that can be stripped off cleanly and easily. When layers of the tape are stretched and laid in contact with each other, they merge together to effectively form a solid rubber part.
Its about a fiver a roll but worth every penny to get you out of a fix.
Maplins sell it or do a google for it on-line.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:50:43 pm »
Radiator repair tape, comes in 2 rolls. One you peel off and stretch around the leak, the second is sticky to wrap over the first elasticated tape to keep it on. Sold in Halfords for about £4.00 Guaranteed leak proof.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:16:24 pm »
Guaranteed leak proof.

On flexible pipes?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:17:47 pm »
Yep, it works for me on mine if it's done properly by the idiot putting the tape on, lol

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:22 pm »
It's sold as an emergency repair tape for leaking radiator hoses on vehicles. If it's good enough for Halfords, it's good enough for me. It does what it says on the labelling.

ants

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
Thanks to everyone for advice, I WILL REPLACE IT WITH NEW,and keep repair as spare.
I will get a longer piece when replacing as the original is a bit short imo.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:23:57 pm »
You can always keep some brass or stainless steel joiners (same diameter as internal hose) and 2 jubilee clips as more permanent emergency measure.

ants

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:24:52 pm »
Wont the clips get caught when you extend the pole? also where can i buy them

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:30:56 pm »
Wont the clips get caught when you extend the pole? also where can i buy them

Who mentioned a pole??????????  This topic refers to a trolley from Freedom because it doesn't mention Freedom van mount. Freedom are more commonly known for their trolleys. Perhaps the person starting this thread should have clarified things a little better.