Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Re: customer count
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:45:42 pm »
Domestic -  1208

Commercial - 142

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 11:49:51 pm »
Does this qualify as the most pointless thread of the year? I work on my own and wc is 75% of my work. My figures would be pretty p compared to someone working full time with 1, 2, whatever employees. How long is a piece of string? Suffice to say, I earn enough.
No it’s not a pointless thread by any means, on the contrary it’s an observation which, as you can see by the replies has attracted response, it would appear to me that you are obviously a newbie to this site and the window cleaning profession. If window cleaning is only 75% of your work then you must be a part-timer, so where’s your problem, jealousy perhaps?   
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

robbie14000

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 02:59:40 am »
Got over 700 domestic
Commercial - 57 includes contract cleaning
But I have 2 employees as well.

Would be interested to know from those of you who do employ of how much two employees earn you on a typical day.
Always seem to turn alot more business when I am there to when they go out on their own.
Thanks Robbie

Posted at 3am as I am off to work would you believe (contract cleaning at a pool before swim squads come in.)

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:19 am »
I've got about 300 which is fine for me. I am out canvassing most weekends but I'm going for quality rather than quantity now.
Thats more important to me now. The "More for Less" principle

I'm not going to dump all the old girls who are overdue for a price rise but gradually the grim reaper is doing that for me anyway. Now I am actively only looking for houses
around £25+

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 08:42:12 am »
This is an excellent thread Jay, positive and constructive, and managing to avoid obvious bragging while taking a realistic look at how things break down.

I look at this and see me as i was, as I am, and as I could be. I think the peice of string and it's lenght is rather up to me to decide, but with this information i can perhaps start thinking about rope instead of a piece of cotton.Oh 235, of which about 3 could be called commercial.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
This is an excellent thread Jay, positive and constructive, and managing to avoid obvious bragging while taking a realistic look at how things break down.

I look at this and see me as i was, as I am, and as I could be. I think the peice of string and it's lenght is rather up to me to decide, but with this information i can perhaps start thinking about rope instead of a piece of cotton.Oh 235, of which about 3 could be called commercial.
Thank you Mr Solubility, I am glad someone agrees
It has bought out a lot of different figures and does infact show that we can all improve on our customer counts therefore increasing our business and of course earnings.

Judging by some of the replies, I for one still have a way to go yet to fill up my round and earn my full potential
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 05:44:21 pm »
domestic 41 monthly customers
commercial 0

been going 4 months, i need about 250-300 monthly domestics on my own, would be nice to have some commercial

Domestic - 1208

Commercial - 142

wow hmmm

Roy Harding

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »
I do 99 jobs a month 99.9% domestic.

Roy

Rob_Mac

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 05:54:09 pm »
I think it is also good to view that big numbers of customers do not always necessitate larger income.

We have about 600 customers on the domestic side of our round and lots and lots of smaller commercial plus 1 huge contract ( Window cleaning only)

I would trade all 600 for two more like the one big customer.

For new people don't look to have 500 - 600 customers but 200 - 300 very well priced customers. Earn the same but for less work.

It so happens that our 600 are very well priced as well.

Rob ;D

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 06:04:40 pm »
I think it is also good to view that big numbers of customers do not always necessitate larger income.

We have about 600 customers on the domestic side of our round and lots and lots of smaller commercial plus 1 huge contract ( Window cleaning only)

For new people don't look to have 500 - 600 customers but 200 - 300 very well priced customers. Earn the same but for less work.

Rob ;D

YES! Well said. Less is definitely more

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 06:40:02 pm »

Rob ;D
good point rob,

i for one would rather do a £15 house in exchange 2 houses @ £8 as it would take less time to do the 1 @ £15
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

groundhog

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 08:03:40 pm »
400 Domestics
9 commercial

I'm not giving average prices as some people get upset!  ;)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
Just to clarify that's not me on my own, I have three full time staff doing just window cleaning and a fourth and myself who can help out if needed but we are primarily doing carpet cleaning every day.

suds window service

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 10:02:15 pm »
55 domestic  1 commercial   some one lend us a few :-\

craig b

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »
8 months window cleaning  271 average price £8.00
also do builder cleans , clean to let and window protection.

LSB

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:49 pm »
domestic 1000 +
comercial approx 50 .

Rob_Mac

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 04:13:46 pm »
If you want to know where your business can get to - In the next couple of days I will be pricing up 64 nursing homes in 3 different areas for one client.

Rob ;D

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 04:25:26 pm »
If you want to know where your business can get to - In the next couple of days I will be pricing up 64 nursing homes in 3 different areas for one client.

Rob ;D
nice one rob ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Rob_Mac

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:18 pm »
Thank you Grafters

None as far down as you so I won't be sniffing around your area but I will be looking into other areas.

So you lot watch out - I'm coming to get your commercial work ;D

Rob ;D

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 04:34:01 pm »
Thank you Grafters

None as far down as you so I won't be sniffing around your area but I will be looking into other areas.

So you lot watch out - I'm coming to get your commercial work ;D

Rob ;D
not that i would mind if you did
competition is always healthy ... keeps you on your toes
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk