This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: 45ft Super-lite 2pole from gardiner
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 09:16:55 pm »
Oh What Fun  ;D

regards, Stuart
www.skypolewfp.com

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 10:32:32 pm »
dear tuppence.... despite the fact that i agree on the collecting thread i am with NWH on this one .Some people on here kiss alexs ass big time ......but imo gardiners have a very high standard of aftercare with stuff they supply and he comes on here to answer questions as well,about 2 quid fittings and 2 grand outfits,i think thats pretty sound.I dont always use gardiners cos sometimes they aint got what i want and sometimes other places are cheaper(i am a cobbler after all)but generally their stuff turns up in good time and does what it should ;D.You come across as arrogant ,which is as bad if not worse than condescending,and will make no friends by slagging gardiners pole systems on here

TennetClean

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 11:03:59 pm »
You come across as arrogant ,which is as bad if not worse than condescending,and will make no friends by slagging gardiners pole systems on here

Arrogant, well ok maybe just a little.  Friends lol, if I don't think somethings very good, I say so.  You have every right to disagree, and it don't bother me one bit.  Its nothing to do with making friends.  Should I just never say anything at all in case it makes me not "friends" with some people on here.  Fraid I won't shut up just because the gardiners fan club disagrees with me.

Also, yes I have some strong opinions.  I admit I do not put them across very tactfully at times, and perhaps I should try harder with the tact thing.  Offensive though?  think thats a bit harsh.  People have been offensive to me, threatening to 'see' me at windex, calling me all the names etc.  Yawn.  Have I resorted to threats and name calling? Nope.  All I have done is said what I think.  It is a forum though, it is about opinions after all.

And I have helped on some threads, its not all neg
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Ian_Giles

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 11:04:10 am »
Tennant, I do wish you would try to avoid being so blunt, as a result of your comments I'm almost continuously having to remove replies, including some of your own.
Your views are welcome, but your antagonistic attitude is not, we also want people to feel they can post a comment or observation without fear of being derided or sneered at, and quite frankly, many of your posts fall into that category.

On the topic of the poles.

I for one have gone the modular route, I use it for absolutely everything.
I've been using the superlite 1 for the last 12 months and it now needs replacing...it isn't robust enough for continuous use.
However it is a tremendous tool in use, the superlite 1 is adapted from a fishing pole , the superlite 2 is custom made and is very specifically for window cleaning.

It's easy and quick to put together, (the superlite 1) I've found it as quick in use as my old telescopic pole and it massively reduces the strain on your body, and that can't be overstated enough.
It's lightness and rigidity are its strengths, the superlite 2 is also far more robust than it's predecessor.
For domestic work many will prefer a telescopic pole, but I am happy using the modular, you simply have to adapt your technique.
For high work then a modular carbonfibre pole beats telescopic hands down as telescopic simply can't compete on lightness and rigidity.

No one pole is perfect, they all have their drawbacks, you simply have to assess what is best for you.
But if you are going up as high as 35/45ft then I would say go modular.

Hopefully Alex or his sister will be ringing me shortly to confirm my order for a 35ft one (I'm also going to have to replace my 100ft of microbore hose too :'() and although I know it will not last as long as an aluminium one, if it last me 2 years I'll consider it money well spent.

Ian

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 09:49:32 pm »
You come across as arrogant ,which is as bad if not worse than condescending,and will make no friends by slagging gardiners pole systems on here

Arrogant, well ok maybe just a little.  Friends lol, if I don't think somethings very good, I say so.  You have every right to disagree, and it don't bother me one bit.  Its nothing to do with making friends.  Should I just never say anything at all in case it makes me not "friends" with some people on here.  Fraid I won't shut up just because the gardiners fan club disagrees with me.

Also, yes I have some strong opinions.  I admit I do not put them across very tactfully at times, and perhaps I should try harder with the tact thing.  Offensive though?  think thats a bit harsh.  People have been offensive to me, threatening to 'see' me at windex, calling me all the names etc.  Yawn.  Have I resorted to threats and name calling? Nope.  All I have done is said what I think.  It is a forum though, it is about opinions after all.

I admire your honest, straight to the point, sometimes blunt and sometimes offensive (no ones perfect) opinions. I'd much rather someone spoke their mind than tip toe around upsetting any fan clubs for fear of upsetting or offending anyone with their truthful thoughts.

mark dew

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:13 pm »

I admire your honest, straight to the point, sometimes blunt and sometimes offensive (no ones perfect) opinions. I'd much rather someone spoke their mind than tip toe around upsetting any fan clubs for fear of upsetting or offending anyone with their truthful thoughts.

and tennet has given some very good information on here.

LWC Ltd

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:45 pm »
I use SL2 60ft.

Pros: Very light, fits easy in the van, doddle to work with, strong
Cons: If you don't keep spraying it with the spray they give you the sections stick together and its a pain to separate them.

Good pole though. I like it

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 05:31:09 pm »
So you got one in the end!!! you were free to see mine, if you had wanted, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

s.w.c

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 11:45:36 pm »
sure tennet aint kirkys in secret :o or kirkys  brother, problem with the likes of him is they think they know it all and there never wrong, wake up time to live in the real world. we are all different and have different points of view, thats what makes the world go around its not square, i see use for both types of poles modular or telescopic,  >:(