This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mo

45ft Super-lite 2pole from gardiner
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:22:42 am »
Hi guys be honest with me  ;D  i am looking for a 45ft pole i want your comments bad and good on the telescopic or the super light2 from gardiner  ???

cheers guys n be honest

Mo 8)

Mo

Re: 45ft Super-lite 2pole from gardiner
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:55:05 am »
 :o ::) >:(

TennetClean

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:58:52 am »
well you wont catch me fannying around putting bits of fishing pole together when I'm on a customer's premises.

I've seen advice from the man gardener to apply wd40, tape and a whole load of other crap.  Apparently the sections get stuck together, one poor bloke had to leave his amazing pole at a job because the sections wouldnt undo. Seems to me they are just not suitable for the purpose.  (they are suitable for fishing though, which is what they were designed for)

I watched the video of him putting it togther, LOL could have finished the house using a normal pole in that time.

telescopic pole every time for me.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 12:14:35 pm »
Got a 45ft SL2 Gardiners, its amazing, brilliant pole, only weighs 1.8kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

mark311069

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:21:49 pm »
i got one of these about 4 weeks ago..   superlight easy to use. as i live on the coast and clean a lot of seafront hotels its great, just start at the top remove a section do next set down etc etc till you get to ground floor. quick tip. i bought a cheap golf standbag and as i unship each section, just put it in the bag easy!!!

TennetClean

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:23:15 pm »
A golfbag?

You are joking, right?

mark311069

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 12:37:06 pm »
not at all, you dont have to drop each section on the floor, they cant roll away, or as there so light blow away.

Mo

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 01:07:29 pm »
any negative about this pole ???

mark311069

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:20:12 pm »
sorry no negative ..... buy one...... :) :)

Mo

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 01:22:09 pm »
ok thank you ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:23:57 pm »

I've seen advice from the man gardener to apply wd40, tape and a whole load of other crap.

Where? .....I dont think so. Get your facts straight before you go maiigning another forum member.

Mo the Gardiners and paticulary the  Emporium are the lightest 45fters on the market. having used both for a few years, I would go with the modulars, but you need to have an open mind about how to use them.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:28:47 pm »
well you wont catch me fannying around putting bits of fishing pole together when I'm on a customer's premises.

I've seen advice from the man gardener to apply wd40, tape and a whole load of other crap.  Apparently the sections get stuck together, one poor bloke had to leave his amazing pole at a job because the sections wouldnt undo. Seems to me they are just not suitable for the purpose.  (they are suitable for fishing though, which is what they were designed for)

I watched the video of him putting it togther, LOL could have finished the house using a normal pole in that time.

Has anyone ever suggested to you that you're really rather an obnoxious individual?

TennetClean

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 01:49:58 pm »
Has anyone ever suggested to you that you're really rather an obnoxious individual?

only on here.   ;D

and I dont care about what people say about me on here.  I say what i think (which after all is the point of a forum), and I'm not sorry if that offends

but you need to have an open mind about how to use them
meaning "dont be suprised if it breaks in your hands.

but to look on the bright side, you could clean some windows AND catch yourself some supper at the same time (if you live by the sea.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:20 pm »
Well I have just bought a superlite and think it's great!
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Mo

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 03:17:09 pm »
Well I have just bought a superlite and think it's great!

Tony what it's great about it

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:33 pm »
Hi guys be honest with me  ;D  i am looking for a 45ft pole i want your comments bad and good on the telescopic or the super light2 from gardiner  ???

cheers guys n be honest

Mo 8)

I haven't bought a telescopic pole from Gardiner's yet.  I do have their Superlite 2 though.  Obviously, the big advantage of the Superlite 2 is its low weight.  Personally, I dislike the modular concept for run of the mill jobs.  It's absolutely fine for longer runs of windows where you don't need to regularly adjust the length of the pole.  I have done a few jobs now where a lighhtweight modular pole such as SL2 has been a real plus.  However, I wouldn't dream of using it (or any other modular) as my main pole because I do mostly domestic.
This is, of course, just my personal view.  Some people are happy usimng such a pole as their main pole.  Personally, I reckon I would keep leaving sections behind on jobs with a scatter brain like mine.

Mo

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »
Cheers guys ;D for all the comments

BVC

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 04:07:51 pm »

Love it, can we have some more? ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 04:26:36 pm »
The prob with some individuals on here is that they spout an opinion about what they know not. We've had - and I paraphrase - "wfp is rubbish", "fishing poles are useless" "council estates are not worth the effort", "Ionics is overpriced for suckers", "DIY systems are rubbish" etc.

I know enough about modular and telescopic to give my opinion and I think it's major plusses:-

Light weight
Stiffness

Outweigh (for me) its:-

Fragility (easily repairable)
Non telescopic aspect

I have used both telescopic and modular and once I hear more about the new gardiner pole I believe that the lightness, stiffness and strength and telescopic (plus extra add on section) will give (me) the best of both worlds.

Just because we are on a forum is no excuse for brusqueness bordering on rudeness, in my opinion! ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »

That was me who had to leave a couple of stuck together sections on a job.  I wasn't going to post again about this but after applying liberal amounts of WD 40 and leaving it a while, I enlisted the help of a good friend and we did manage to untwist them.  I think I made matters harder for myself previously by unwittingly attempting to untwist the sections anti clockwise - against the weave.  Now that I've made a couple of mistakes with this pole, I've no problem using it - but only on certain types of job.  I have discovered that on larger jobs where the pole needs to be used a bit more vigorously for first cleans, it's probably a good idea to dismantle the pole at a natural break in the work - not as daunting as it sounds.  Overall, my preference is for telescopic, but they can have their problems too.