Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Scared of my Competition !!!!!!!!
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:23:15 am »
I have some new competition in my area  :o

Time for me to pack it in and find a new trade  ???

Goodbye  :-*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130198410499&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:GB:1123
Staffordshire

Re: Scared of my Competition !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:25:00 am »
This time next year ........... they will be MILLOINAYRES  :o

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:33:55 am »
This time next year they will be able to afford an other wheel for there car!!!
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:36:27 am »
£45.00 for a room 20 sq ft thats a room 5ft x 4ft maybe a pantry or airing cupboard, hes only charging £2.25 a sq ft thats good value. An acerage lounge at 18 x 12 would come in at £468.00  ;D ;D

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:38:28 am »
truck mount or portable his ad doesnt say ???

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 09:51:00 am »
They had better make sure the machine is emptied before putting it in the back, otherwise the run the risk of tipping.  ::)

But they will appeal to a certain type of customer.

S

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:57:13 am »
£45.00 for a room 20 sq ft thats a room 5ft x 4ft maybe a pantry or airing cupboard, hes only charging £2.25 a sq ft thats good value. An acerage lounge at 18 x 12 would come in at £468.00  ;D ;D

Mark,
its not £45 for a room up to 20sq ft.
Its £45 for a room up to 20ft Square   :-[  20ft x 20 ft = 400sq ft for £45 !
Staffordshire

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:03:26 am »
37.16 sq metres for £45.00 ......... £1.24 a sq metre  ::)

No wonder they can only afford 3 wheels  ::)

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 10:20:52 am »
Looks like his truck-mount has vibrated one of his wheels off..."what a Plonker!!!"
klinger of spa clean.

turneylogan

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
Its a team of two... they dress up like Batman and Robin.

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 02:09:04 pm »
Guys if we are taking the p i s s out of them,dont you think that customers are going to be the same?

Chris nothing to worry about here mate,doubt  they will even be around in 6 months.   

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »
Ignoring the " eyecatching " marketing tool, what's wrong with £45 for an average lounge, or £50 for an average suite. Bet there are are loads on here charging around that, or even less. Bearing in mind that you rarely clean single carpets and when a suite gets cleaned there's usually at least one carpet to do at the same time, so the average ticket would be around £90 to £100.

At two jobs per day he's going to get at least £1000 a week or double the national average wage, is he a muppet, or maybe just a young guy starting up and with his smart marketing approach, likely to become a successful businessman in a couple of years ?

If he's a young man, he will be perfectly capable of getting through 4 jobs per day and that would give him around £2000 per week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how many carpet cleaners earn a third of that ?

Never underestimate the opposition.

rob

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 05:35:59 pm »
There's not much room in that vehicle for the apparatus of the trade though!

Shaun

martin19842

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 05:39:56 pm »
hi there

interesting,   like ive said before,  when you run your own business you know how much you need or want to earn and therefore you market yourself to achieve that.

a guy with a fully kitted out van, with either truckmount or portable, the knowledge and experience, will always charge more.

another way to look at it is

work smart, and hard.

unfortunately people come ang people, the turnover in our area, from local ads and the phone book from one year to another is quite interesting.

quite clearly they will be busy,

therefore

potential clinet sees their cheao price calls them, but they cant do anything for say two weeks, potential client then calls you, an hey you can do it a bit sooner, the client accepts your higher price and you get the work.

you turn up to clean do a good job, and listen to the tale of the competitior who cant get there to do it for weeks.

the client then refers you to their friends as a company that provides a good prompt service, hey you might not be the cheapest in town, but that client thinks your great.

just an opinion

regards

martin

*paul_moss

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 05:41:20 pm »
Rob, you have put an argument forward which is correct, but only from some body experienced in this game. I doubt if these guys have 10% of that exprience or business sence and by the look of them, they are at the other end of the scale just trying it out as first timers.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

AJB

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 05:44:09 pm »
When i started as a sub-contractor for a natonwide company, many new starters
used small hatchbacks to work from. succesful operatives would be banking anywhere from £1000
to £1800 a week!  This was 13 years ago. With a Woodbridge Powermate , wand, hand tool, and about
8 5 litre bottles.
Just remember his vehicle will carry what he needs, and will turn heads.  They may laugh but they will
see his name.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

carpet_care

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 05:59:25 pm »
Thought the obvious spelling mistakes would put potential client off

Lack of attention to detail. ::)

Andy Locke.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 06:16:33 pm »

I thought it was the new Dave Ingram high powered porty.

carpet guy

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 07:11:13 pm »
You will find plenty of spelling mistakes on here !!!!!!!!!! I'm guessing the Little Reliant is for Marketing and unlikely to be used to actually carry out the operation and from that point of viewI think it's pretty smart marketing.

The biggest car retailer in the country uses a strange looking old Renault van to advertise and he's a mega millionaire, a local Taxi company has a very old taxi, brightly painted and liveried which is parked around the county in a different lacation daily, another taxi fibm has an ancient London bus carrying their logo, parked in hard to miss locations each day.

The little Smart car has been adopted by thousands of companies, to great effect.

If you see a name often enough your brain will associate it with it's marketing message.

So..............who you gonna call ????????????/

Well not you, but your prospects.  Don't be shy, get your message out their or nobody will find you.

Paul's right about my perspective being due to being ancient, but I've kept my eyes and ears open throughout my many years and remember what works, or have afair idea of what might work.

rob

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 07:30:54 pm »
Of all the things you want to associate yourself with-a plastic pig?

OK it gets attention and probably publicity but you wouldn't want people to associate it with your business.

Now if he had a back to the future De Lorien or FAB1.