Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markpowell

80/20 left at ph12
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »
Went out on a job today, the lady mentioned that she had only had the carpet cleaned 3 months ago and wondered why it had got so dirty so quick when only her and her hubby live there, no pets or kids and they always take there shoes off. The carpet was heavily soiled.
It was a cut pile 80/20 carpet and when i did a ph test it was showing around 12.
Is anyone aware of such a strong cleaning solution on the market and if so can you please let me know so i can steer well clear ??? ???
Mark

*paul_moss

Re: 80/20 left at ph12
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:02:07 pm »
 There are loads, last time I did a ph check Hydromaster Blitz was around 12.5, cleans well though.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:04:06 pm »
Is it wool safe ;D

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:46 pm »
 Of COURSE IT IS  ;D ;D I have hit a few bad wool pub carpets with it, but with the crap that was in the carpet I would say the ph was prob only around 10 when it got through the black top and hit the wool  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

John Gregory

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:38 pm »
I use blitz regularly on trashed wool carpets . I know its wrong but you sell a service on results , Am I doing the carpet any harm if I extract with a mild mix of formula 90 ? useing truckmount at 300 psi

John

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 09:26:38 am »
If you prespray with an alkaline product then you should rinse extract with a acidic product. The ideal is to leave the carpet at ph7
Premier Klean Limited

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 09:33:48 am »
I think the problem is residues rather than ph. There are a lot of operators using inferior equipment with no training. We have local cowboys who I am advised use Persil.
If the cleaner responsible for this clean had a poor machine and used too much chemical, they always put an extra couple of glugs in for good measure, then regardless of the ph the carpet would get filthy straight away because of the sticky detergent residues left behind.

richie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 01:15:17 pm »
The way i look at wool carpets along with Ph values is this.   Commercial carpets such as pubs & clubs get VERY heavily soiled due to all the traffic, beer and crap that goes on them.  Most chemicals will not remove this crap to acceptable limits or without overwetting.  With all the crap that has been on these carpets do you not think that the wool is already trashed out?  If extracting in a sensible manner after using high Ph on wool i dont think you will be doing any real harm.  Its mainly down to companies selling inferior chemicals that wont/cant tackle the heavy soil in some premises that bang on about woolsafe.

Richie.

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:36 pm »
Im quite aware that you have to hammer some wool carpets with alkali products to get a result but you should always neutrelize with either the rinse or a spray afterwards leaving wool in a customers at ph12 is there really any excuse. Wool carpet should be left between ph4-6 not ph7 or at least that is what i was told on the trianing course.
Nylon and polyprop between 4-9.5
Mark