Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

slb

Dog Urine
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:07:40 pm »
Hi,

Today I went to do a 5 bed house in South Kensington, the costumer was really happy whith result , but one of the stain tdid not came off ( dog urine)?
Whats the best staff to remove dog urine?

Thanks
Sergio

markpowell

Re: Dog Urine
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:27:52 pm »
Mix a solution of fabric and fibre rinse 50ml to a litre of red hot water and apply by sprayer leave 20 mins and extract with water, sometimes will be permanent depends on fibre type and length of time its been left.
And whether or not the custy has tried any off the shelf products.
Mark

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:42 pm »
Dog urine is an acid (uric) if it has been left in the pile for a while with no professional treatments, it becomes damage rather than a stain, giving a permanent tinge to the carpet.

Regards

S

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 11:25:32 pm »
Spencer

urine may be an acid when it leaves the body put quickly becomes an alkaline, don't ask me to explain the chemistry behind it.

This being the case it would be best to attack the stain with an acid (opposite end of the spectrum) although alot of the time urine has caused permanent damage and discolouration to the fibre.

Cheers Goron

spencer davies

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:32:22 pm »
Hello Goran,

I can't say I have had a great deal of success with urine, I remember the teachings at the NCCA saying that damage is often caused by urine, particularly natural fibres.

Regards

S

Bennie25

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:36:08 am »
As above more often than not these are perment, some man mades will be ok.

Spencer, I see you have some great pictures on your website, they look professional, did you buy them? where from?

I looked into buying some pro ones once it was like 400 for one!

spencer davies

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:22:23 pm »
Hello Mate,

Tap in Royalty Free stock photos on a Worlwide search on Google, there are many sites to chose from.

Regards

S

*paul_moss

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »
Urine stains on any fibre can and are often permanent if left in, as Goron has said it turns from mildly acidic to very alkaline at this alkaline stage the salts then stain/bleach the fibre. You can usually remove the residue and some staining,but not all.In this case a reducing agent will help and I have found the reducing agents are best applied when the carpet has dried.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:36:51 am »
Urine turns to Ammonia and can scorch the fibres,when it is in an acidic  state that is the best time to treat it.
                                        Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:39:20 am »
Mark urine is mildly acidic around 4 to 5 ph and will not scotch but your right needs to be addressed at this state.Over a short period of time it starts to turn to ammonia which is very alkaline and once it starts to go above ph 10 it starts to damage/scorch.
Oh and depending what else is in there as well.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:27:57 am »
Hi Paul
That is what i Said.It needs to be treated when it is in an acidic state before it turns to Ammonia(Alkaline)  ;D

Mark

spencer davies

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:42:07 pm »
It will take about two hours to change from an acid as it dries. The subject camE up at the NCCA agm today.

Regards

S

Jason Hedges

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:30:44 am »
It will take about two hours to change from an acid as it dries. The subject camE up at the NCCA agm today.

Regards

S

Hi Spencer,

What did the ncca recommend? If you dont mind me asking :)

All the best,
Jason.

spencer davies

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 09:57:04 am »
Remove as soon a possible  :)  if the stain is dry, then an acid rinse is advised.

S

Jason Hedges

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 01:39:18 am »
Cheers Spencer,

Thought as much :)

All the best,
Jason.