Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Re: head grease on leather
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 08:10:30 pm »
Taxi
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 08:13:22 pm »
Joe we have a comprehensive database of very well qualified network of technicians all over the country so if you find jobs you can't do then just let us know.  We pass them on to our network.

Paul we have reduced the time by the products we now use and the way we now do the pre clean survey.  As I say things move on and are constantly redeveloped to keep up with the changing leather market.

Ben we have tested this method and we have tested Ultra Clean and it does not dissolve grease.  There is no way that a cleaner can draw the grease to the surface enough for it to be used by extraction, it has already been agreed that things cannot be extracted from leather so why push the point.  Please do not call me ignorant I find it very offensive.

http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Joe H

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 08:14:53 pm »
Kisses before lights out  :-*  :-*  :-*

John Gregory

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 08:20:13 pm »
I hope Jason and Pete have security sorted for the CCDO it's going to be a war zone with them 3 in the same room

John

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 08:24:26 pm »
Paul rang Andy and they both agreed that he could attend but now it seems he has changed his mind and has banned him from going.  We are still waiting for the phone call to explain why this has happened.
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Jason Hedges

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:19 pm »
I think this topic explains why ;)

*paul_moss

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 08:26:34 pm »
Judy, if you mean me, would you qualify that please.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

John Gregory

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 08:38:11 pm »
Paul rang Andy and they both agreed that he could attend but now it seems he has changed his mind and has banned him from going.  We are still waiting for the phone call to explain why this has happened.

That's a real shame with Andys Knowledge and experience he could give some quality imput to the day

John

Mark Roberts

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »
*sat here laughing at this topic*

lets hope the ccdo will be a peaceful day out for all concerned even if we dont agree on forums I hope people dont take it personally

(i'm hiring Straker as personal protection ;D)

lands

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 09:06:38 pm »

I think I should comment at this point.

I have tried to ring Andy but he was away and Andy has tried to ring me but I have done a 10 hour round trip today to view and organise the venue for the CCDO. I will however speak to Andy and go over what I am about to comment on now.

The CCDO is about the delegates and the delegates alone. If we can keep this perspective clear in our minds (irrespective of personal or professional opinions) I believe Jason and I's decision is vindicated.

This is the first year of this format and as organisers it is imperative the day goes without a hitch (or so much as dilligent planning will allow) so that we can establish an event that will provide serious benefit to the industry and even attract some longevity.

Lets put this into perspective. Do you think the NCCA will endorse Dave Liahona's rug cleaning methods? No. (I won't comment on reasons why). What about Doug Holloway and the NCCA? I could go on but I think to the intelligent and forward thinking of us (and I include all on this forum because this is what makes it so valuable) would like to share ideas on an infomal level and this event provides the platform on which this can happen.

The level (and style) of debate on this post alone suggests that it would be problematic to have a practical session on Leather Cleaning and Repair including so many different opinions. This is why Jason and I have taken this decsion for this year alone. I believe that for next year it would be better to have a diffent perspective and that LTT should (being the respected organisation that they are) have their opportunity as they did at last years CCDO.

Again, lets try and remember what this is all about and I'm sure common sense will prevail.

Pete

Ben Staerck

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 09:09:08 pm »
Ben we have tested this method and we have tested Ultra Clean and it does not dissolve grease.  There is no way that a cleaner can draw the grease to the surface enough for it to be used by extraction, it has already been agreed that things cannot be extracted from leather so why push the point.  Please do not call me ignorant I find it very offensive.

Don't make assumptions, saying things like the above makes you ignorant. Until you put the ultra clean into the leather and try to suck it out using a machine as I have said, you CANNOT possibly comment let along say it will not work.

Judy, you have no room for other peoples opinions or ideas, you dismiss everything as either not suitable for leather or its the wrong way to do it. This is the reason why all arguments start on here with the leather topic. YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

Joe H

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 09:12:13 pm »
Grrrrrrrr!

Just like kids - they argue and bicker, you pull them apart and tell em to stop it - turn your back and there at it again.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 09:15:14 pm »
Ben as I keep saying, we have tried this method and it does not work.  We have plenty of room for other peoples opinions and often take methods of respected leather cleaners and restorers and add them in to our own methods to develop  new ideas and techniqiues as we go.  That is what development is all about.

We are constantly in touch with all levels of the industry and are asked to test methods and products all the time as Paul can verify.
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Joe H

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 09:17:36 pm »

The level (and style) of debate on this post alone suggests that it would be problematic to have a practical session on Leather Cleaning and Repair including so many different opinions. This is why Jason and I have taken this decsion for this year alone. I believe that for next year it would be better to have a diffent perspective and that LTT should (being the respected organisation that they are) have their opportunity as they did at last years CCDO.
Pete

Pete, not sure what you saying here, can you explain.
Is there going to be a practicle leather session this year? ie Paul doing quick cleans etc

Grrrrrr - at it again.

garyj

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 09:19:02 pm »
Grrrrrrrr!

Just like kids - they argue and bicker, you pull them apart and tell em to stop it - turn your back and there at it again.

Good init  ;D

Pete's reply is excellent and professional and makes sense even if this thread hadn't started. Can only presume Ben is very young as he has told a woman she is not always right and Paul has just made me want to go on his leather day all the more.

Also admire MB who lets other suppliers hijack his forum for their own gain then sits back as they self-implode.

Joe H

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
Can only presume Ben is very young as he has told a woman she is not always right

;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 09:46:50 pm »
When I cleaned some head grease from leather as explained above I applied Ultra clean and HWE infact ultra clean is the only thing I clean leather with.

I didn't pioneer this, it was required to use a problem solver and it worked what more can I say?

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 10:48:09 pm »
It's usually me ranting, so it makes a change to be an observer. I've never attempted restoration work of that nature, but I am aware of others who carry it out very frequently and one of them certainly uses a machine, but at the moment I don't know how it's used or what type of machine.

I will try to find out more.

peace to all

rob

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 10:52:27 pm »
Hi Robert

Not sure what you have seen but the von shrader machine is 1, the idea is to dissolve the grease bit by bit and then suck away the debris which comes off like a slurry, that's what happened when I did it.

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 11:08:02 pm »
I must be dreaming Shaun.......I had a V S machine and actually cleaned a few leather suites with it                     ( successfully ) but it's slower than more " evolved "methods

I can certainly see it getting a result in the way you decribe

rob