Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Stain absorbing powder
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:29:33 pm »
Just tried to buy some more of Prochem's Stain Absorbing Powder. Fantastic stuff, especially on blood stains.

Prochem have now told me it was withdrawn a couple of years ago as it was not considered safe or something.

Can anybody suggest an alternative please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

John Kelly

Re: Stain absorbing powder
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34:28 pm »
Catsan Cat litter is quite good. It is highly absorbent and also gets rid of odours. Try filling your trainers with it, next day no smell.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:07:06 pm »
That stuff is fullers earth, highly absorbent. Used to have to carry a puffer bottle around with the stuff in just incase the Russians tried to poison us.

Of course since the cold war those days have gone. ::)

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 05:16:36 pm »
Envirodri sell something similar

envirodri Body Spillage can be used to instantly absorb and deodorise the worst type of everyday spillages on all types of surfaces.

http://www.envirodri.com/corporate/products.html

Shaun_Ashmore

*paul_moss

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:09:36 pm »
With his customers, Shaun normally places £50 notes on the carpet to absorb the stain, but thats only top end cleaning for you  8)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »
Thanks for your answers guys. I'll order both products suggested with links and do a road test on them.

By the way, how do I order the Envirodry one as I can't see any buttons about adding it to my cart?

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:02:14 pm »
Lat time I saw a note is was from my Mother excusing me from school!

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:38:21 am »
Thanks for your answers guys. I'll order both products suggested with links and do a road test on them.

By the way, how do I order the Envirodry one as I can't see any buttons about adding it to my cart?

Roger

You have to ring them

Gerry Styles

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 01:40:29 pm »
sometimes the customer has tried to remove the blood with warm or hot water, even had someone try vanish and fairy liquid.  If you are the first to deal with then dry compound like envirodry or host is usually a good bet.  I have used host on motor bike oil before, that worked very well
Premier Klean Limited

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:35:09 pm »
sometimes the customer has tried to remove the blood with warm or hot water, even had someone try vanish and fairy liquid.  If you are the first to deal with then dry compound like envirodry or host is usually a good bet.  I have used host on motor bike oil before, that worked very well

I used to sell my used sponge to local garage to absorb spillages up worked really well, they could not get enough of the stuff