Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lavinia

austrailia
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:49:20 pm »
does anyone know anything about carpet cleaning in oz. We are thinking about emigrateing but it isn't on the skills list. I know there are Chemdrys out there so there used to paying a lot of money for there cleaning. And there's probably a lot of wool carpets with all those sheep. ??? ???

carpetmas5

Re: austrailia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 06:01:19 pm »
Have a look at www.australianforums.biz Martin

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:18:01 pm »
Lavinia

I've been to Oz a few times, and my understanding after speaking to some of the "natives" is that you can go there and set up your own business, even if it's not on their skills list, but you have to employ 3(?) native Aussies within 12 months. My knowledge is a bit vague and second hand, so you'd need to check up on the details.

As for the industry in Australia, look at the forum given above by Martin. I've met and spoken to some of the forum members and the skill and knowledge level is very high indeed. There are also many, many low price low value businesses just as here in the UK.

In Western Australia there is a good marketing organisation called The Advantage Group.  www.agccwa.com.au

I believe you will need to be in Oz for ten years before you are entitled to any benefits from the welfare state.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dave Roelants

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »
 ???Not like coming here then Ken! ;)
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

carpet guy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 06:50:21 pm »
Watching some of the TV programmes on UK citizens trialling Australia for a week when they look at properties and compare jobs has been a bit of a shocker.

Apart from Adelaide, the cost of housing is very high indeed and wages are, ironically, half what they are here.

You would be wise to do your homework.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:59:25 pm »
They have the right idea, you can come if you have something to offer and contribute and are grateful for it.

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:15 pm »
Spent some time in WA try this Ozy forum

http://www.australianforums.biz/

Mark

carpetworx

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 12:33:29 am »
G'day Lavinia,I live in Adelaide and i just started carpet cleaning last november.
Yes there are alot of Chem dry's here,the first 5 pages of Y/P with big colour ads plus all the other franchises, some cleaning 3 rooms for $59.00.Before i started i went on the road with a couple of C/D franchisees, was not impressed,their system is well lets say crap.Spay on some water,chuck on a dirty old bonnet, rub the dirt into the customers carpet,spray on scotchgaurd and charge $250.00 for 3 rooms that now look worst than they did before they got there,i could'nt believe my eyes.
Should add the bonnetts or pads are dity because each operator only carries 5,and after each job they only rinsed by hand in a dirty old bucket of cold water so by the time they get to their last job they are "cleaning" it with other peoples dirt, this a fact,been there seen it.So they have to have big ads to attract more clients,because i dought they get many refferals.This particular franchisee had 5 vans on the road and the office recieved 70 calls a day in summer and 40 in winter.
So i decided to go it alone.there is a lot small Co's here too and there is only 1million people live here in S.A which is about the size of U.K maybe bigger.still plenty of work for everyone though so come on down.

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:22 am »
They have the right idea, you can come if you have something to offer and contribute and are grateful for it.
Got to agree 100% Imagine if we tried to do the same,there,d be do-gooders jumping out of the woodwork from everywhere! >:(

klinger of spa clean.

Lavinia

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:45:48 am »
Thanks everyone, will look at web site tonight. Carpetworx do you have an email mine is info@rjwcarpetcleaning.co.uk as I have some questions that would set my mind at rest.

carpetworx

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 12:02:48 am »
Hi Lavinia my email is carpetworx@bigpond.com.au

regards

Martin