Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

prochem machines
« on: February 10, 2008, 08:21:56 pm »
Right i need some advice between the prochem powermax and the powerplus, is there much difference, do i really need a in-line heater. I mainly want to do domestic, so some advice needed please.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

FiberReviver

Re: prochem machines
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:48:15 pm »
In my opinion always always buy the best you can afford be it a portie and you can afford the heater or a truckmount and you can afford one with a bigger blower always buy the best you can afford but don't strech yourself because you always need something in reserve Freddie
WELL I NEVER !!!! WELL MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE

robert stubbs

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:56:29 pm »
Go for the Powerplus, it has bigger solution and waste tanks,this means you have the capacity to tackle large jobs. I would go for the heat option as it act as a Catalyst when using  Chemicals on trashed carpets and upholstery.

Regards Rob

http://www.prochem.co.uk/steempro_2000.htm

Darren O

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 09:13:19 pm »
Powermax is a great machine nice and light easy to get up stairs,to me the powerplus is to big and awkward and for a machine that size they should of put in a bigger pump than a 120psi.You also need a heater to.

robert stubbs

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:55 pm »
Have a look at the Aqua 40,  AO machine with vacs in parallel at 27 kg easy to get up stairs  and has 3kw internal heater. This is my backup machine and runs 75 ft easy.

Regards Rob

turneylogan

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:04 am »
I went for the bigger capacity machine - saves you filling up more often. Possible to do a whole house with the bigger prochem. There is a downside however - its heavy, but then I am old! 75ft of hose means you can leave machine at front door though. Have managed without a heater as I mainly do domestics and can always access hot water. Even with cold water I have managed good results. There is another thread on here suggesting inline heaters on prochem machines are a waste of time. If you are on a tight budget this machine can be bought much cheaper than the competition, but I still get great results and am very pleased with it...

...but probably only until someone gives me truckmount to try!