Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ianharper

Get Your Cut Of 50 million
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
Gordon Brown has put aside £50 million for deep cleans in the NHS to combat MRSA. did you know that includes Dentist and health centres? Many of these will have just an old fashioned cleaning lady that will not know whats she is doing with MRSA.

here is part of an article that i just read

“MILLIONS of pounds is being spent on deep cleaning all Doncaster hospital wards and doctors' and dentists' surgeries in the fight against deadly infections

A spokeswoman for Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said £1.4 million had been allocated from Doncaster and Bassetlaw's Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) to pay for the work at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Mexborough Montagu and Bassetlaw Hospital in Worksop.

She said work included changing curtains and cleaning soft furnishings, washing windows and doors and restoring floor surfaces to as close as possible to their original condition.”

So I think that we could be of help solving this problem the NHS has.

plus did you also know that, So far, fewer than one third of hospital trusts have begun their deep cleans, and that English hospitals will have to completed bug-busting by its April deadline.

I for one will be writting as sales letter to all my local heath centres. I'll post it on my blog later.

Respect

Ian Harper

Re: Get Your Cut Of 50 million
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:40:42 am »
Nice one Ian  ;)

lands

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:38:15 am »
Good call Ian. Can you post you blog address when you do?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:37:53 pm »
Great heads up Ian, well done.

Put this in with your letter. First rule- get attention.

carpet guy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:19:47 pm »
So what constiutes a deep clean, from the news items I've seen, it looks petty basic and will achieve little. But there will be a millionaire or two created in the process.

rob

lands

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:25 pm »
I believe our sponsors may be enjoying a little of this.

ianharper

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:55:33 am »
nice one mike  ;D

lands

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 03:17:21 pm »
Ian, I thought I was registered on your network but my usual pass words arn't working. Would you mind emailing me a copy of that letter.

Pete@oakleafcc.co.uk

Cheers
Pete

ianharper

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
Pete

the sales letter is posted on on blog address in signature

respect

Ian Harper

lands

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:49:50 pm »
Hi Ian

Must be missing something as when I click on it opens up the login to the forum.

Pete

ianharper

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:08 pm »
thants right just enter your user detals and your get to where the download is pete.

check out this link one reason or should i say five million reasons, why it pays the NHS to have deep cleans

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3201003.ece

respect

Ian harper

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:13:25 am »
Ian, I thought I was registered on your network but my usual pass words arn't working. Would you mind emailing me a copy of that letter.

Pete@oakleafcc.co.uk

Cheers
Pete
Pete

I had same problem with Ians  shared files I think you know have to go in through the blog. Also some files have been taken down

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 08:59:37 am »
So if  say some of us managed to get a peice of the Gordon Brown big cleanup would we be using the everyday chemicals we,re used to? Or given the fact that we,re dealing with MRSA hear are we going to need to ad anything else to the procedure,you know such as an anti-bac or some kind of disinfectant? does anyone hear clean doctors or dentists surgeries, cheers klinger ???
klinger of spa clean.

lands

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »
thants right just enter your user detals and your get to where the download is pete.

check out this link one reason or should i say five million reasons, why it pays the NHS to have deep cleans

Tried all that Ian and kept asking me for a password with cookies.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3201003.ece

respect

Ian harper

Phillip Mold

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 05:20:50 pm »
I've done quite well with GPs surgeries in the last year, I ise M Power and HWE on carpet tiles, the practice managers like the sound of M Power so that and spotters are all I use!.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

ianharper

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »
have you pushed allergstop phillip?

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40:04 pm »
Ian

Any chance you can post a link on here where it says PCTs are paying for deep cleans in surgeries as I can't find any myself on google.

Also I try to register on your blog thingy and no confirmation comes back so can't get into it. But then my head is not right at the moment so probably finger trouble.

Thanks

Mike

carpet guy

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
Surely the requirement is an all surface clean not just floors after all, cross contamination is not likely to come from floors, so the chemicals required are going to be alien to carpet cleaners, but  the technology will be well known to some.
Don't think they'll be too keen to share !

rob

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 09:08:39 pm »
Rob

I'm thinking of just talking to the bod in the PCT responsible for this and see what they say. It would be great if they say yeah carpets full of MRSA blast them and here's some PCT dosh. I know there are all sorts of issues at the moment with autoclaves and equipment.

My Mrs is a Dental Hygenist, she spoke to the practice manager and the Dentist and they never heard of this (awareness?) but what I do know is if they thought they would get more punters through the door then suddenly they are interested.

Mike

Phillip Mold

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 01:08:50 pm »
Ian:

have you pushed allergstop phillip?

Not tried it, got any more info?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can