This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Help with a quote please
« on: February 09, 2008, 11:45:09 am »
Now this is the biggest job I have been asked to quote for...I do not have many commercial...Now a customer recommeded me to the owner of this garden center...They have said that this will be a one-off.  Access is not an issue and  the hose routing is uncomplicated.

Your thoughts would be very welcome....I have been asked to quote for certain parts of the center...the whole place has not been cleaned for 3 three years..so loads of dirt and cobwebs, the area where the store is located is very flat and surrounded by farmland....

On the pictures...it is for the vertical glass and no roof glass.

Many thanks.

Dave.

pingu

Re: Help with a quote please
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:45:58 am »
Front exits.

On the bottom photo...we are not required to clean above the outbuilding marked 'uitgang'.

pingu

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:46:42 am »
The top picture needs cleaning as does the 'backside' so six large paneled areas in total.

pingu

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:47:08 am »

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 04:16:33 pm »
would want at least £200 , then a bit more as its a one off . how long do you recon it would take you , if it takes you a day ,what would you normaly earn for a days work that way it minght help you to price the job . what ever price you put in good luck  :)
where theres muck theres money

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:44:03 pm »
If you put a price in on that for £200.00 you can do all of my commercial work.

I would charge about £800.00 to £1000.00 for that and expect it to be done in a day, but allowing for any problems the price gives you the option of a second day.

If you go for £200.00 you have nowhere to go if it goes wrong and could be working for nothing.

There is a lot of work there - if it is a one off you need to let them know there will be no guarantee on end product.

Rob ;D

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 05:53:56 pm »
£1000 for a days work? I gotta get me some commercial work!

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »
so you reckon midas around £800 to £1000 thats some price mate great if you can get those prices but around here youd be really lucky .  

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »
If you put a price in on that for £200.00 you can do all of my commercial work.

I would charge about £800.00 to £1000.00 for that and expect it to be done in a day, but allowing for any problems the price gives you the option of a second day.

If you go for £200.00 you have nowhere to go if it goes wrong and could be working for nothing.

There is a lot of work there - if it is a one off you need to let them know there will be no guarantee on end product.

Rob ;D
Pretty close,i didn`t have the guts to say it lol.Those saying £200,i take it you don`t do larger jobs cos for that price you`ll be losing money on that job,don`t forget it`s a one off so that`s double from the start.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 06:02:39 pm »
Quotes these days on here are not going on the basis that`s it`s done trad,you`ll make more money that way cos as we all know it`s much quicker WFP.I reckon that job would be up to 10 times quicker WFP probobly more,that`s were the moneys earn`t in saving time for the same price as trad.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 06:08:42 pm »
Dave

I in no way want to disrespect your post or you but if you work on the big jobs regularly you will know that there is an unbelievable amount of variables with this work.

If on a commercial job you only want to make what you would make on a day on the residential then there is no point putting a price in for this as you will be making the same money anyway.

This is window after window with no rest in between and you will be knackered after you have finished it, it is a one off, there will be a build up of detritus that needs dealing with. It will not be like a day on your round where you know that you have cleaned the windows the month before and they will be quite clean.

These prices are not area specific - I believe that they will expect to pay and I know because we charge these rates all over the country, from Wigan to Kent and everywhere between.

Rob ;D

pingu

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 06:14:15 pm »
Thanks for the posts guys...I have very little experiance with commercial quotes and  do on occassion under quote.....which is painfull...so please keep the thoughts and prices coming....

My other half spoke to the owner briefly and he said that he liked the idea of being 'enviromentally friendly' i.e no washing up liquid  ;) ....so that is a good thing...but this quote does get handed into the site caretaker who seems very down to earth and used to dealing with contractors, builders etc.

Many thanks
Dave.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 06:15:45 pm »
well if you can get a price like that then all the best to you . i just no that youd be really lucky around here to get those type of prices . i once priced for loads of sheltered housing which prices ranged from £150  to £280 tenders were given out to quotes at less than half of what i had put in . it just shows what your up against .

Rob_Mac

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 06:22:30 pm »
Dave

I grew up in Bolton on Dearne so I know the area you are from - there is a lot of new development in and around Barnsley and the businesses that are there are not specific to your area - there are some national and international companies.

I know that a lot of the phone companies have built call centres on the former pit sites and manvers is rapidly becoming a substantial area of commerce.

I know your region because I grew up there and I would charge my prices in your area - I may not get the job every time because there will be people putting low quotes in but the ones I got would make up for the ones I didn't.

Be brave and stick your kneck out - you never know!!!

Rob ;D

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 06:27:09 pm »
That`s the basis i go on,i would rather do 1 job for £50 rather than do 5 jobs for £50.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 06:33:09 pm »
i can see where you are coming from midas & nwh . i will give it a go and put in a few good prices  like you say you never know  :)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 06:35:57 pm »
Like Midas says you`ll be surprised how much there willing to pay,what have you got to lose you don`t have the job anyway and they can only say no.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 06:55:27 pm »
I think that we are our own worst enemies on pricing.

If our books are full and you have a lot of commercial work it is easy to price high and not be bothered if you don't get it.

The law of averages is something that we work with - sooner or later if you keep putting the price and your details out you will get someone who will take the price.

If your books are not full and you want the work there has to be an incentive above the price of a normal day to warrant taking the work on.

This is where I am coming from.

I have a full workload - why - because I have spent seven years developing a phenomenal residential round, that has everything, compact, well priced, lots of small commercial and I am in the process of selling it for a staggering amount of money.

I look after a high street building society head office - year round contract.

We work all over the country on our commercial - supermarket cleaning.

I can be choosy and target specific market areas and use the law of averages to see us gaining two new substantial contracts this year. When I talk about substantial - multiple outlet various cleaning criteria and renovation cleaning.

I believe that I will get the price that I quote.

Rob ;D

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 07:35:54 pm »
£375   approx 4 -5 hours

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 09:08:19 pm »
Work out how long it will take you to clean at a slow average pace, be realistic to yourself based on any large places you've cleaned before as a guide. Add 20% then double it as a one off clean.