This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Matt B.
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:34:30 pm »
whats the strainer situation mate ???

xxmattyxx

Re: Matt B.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:01 pm »
I was waiting for you to measure the dimensions of the Shurflo strainer you got there  ;D  ;D  didnt you say you had a smaller one than the Flojet I got?

Matt

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:38:07 pm »
right hang on kick off inten mins did you look on cleaning spot site? i will measure it now back ina minute

xxmattyxx

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:42:30 pm »
I did look, seems smaller than the Flojet one, but you cant really tell, perhaps the pic was taken a long way from the strainer  ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:53:36 pm »
maximum dimensions approx h=65mm w=35mm l=85mm thats 65mm from base to top of mesh housing cover(the clear bit on top) 35mm across the base of the main housing and 85mm from where it attatches to pump to end of hose tail in old school thats just over 2and half inch by inch and half by just under 3 and half inch hope that helps mate  ;D i am now gonna watch football so i will be offline til later but will check replies later cheers

xxmattyxx

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:22:40 pm »
So just over 2 1/2 inches from the furthest point on the hose-end to the other furthest end?

craig21t

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:26:16 pm »
the flojet one is much bigger than the shurflow one, the flohet one has 1/2 inch barbs on either end, so can be fitted anywhere in line, the shurflow one attaches to the pump.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 09:56:40 pm »
are you about mate ???

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:02 pm »
Oi is now

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 10:10:10 pm »
Which one have you got there Thorpey ?

This one?

or this one?

Matt

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 10:26:55 pm »
the top one it attatches direct to pump the one below is an inline by the look of it like the flo jet and as craig21t says it fits in hose beween pump and tank(or barrel) i found flo jet prone to air locks if fitted in certain ways.That top one fits very compact and is the nuts.The blunt end screws on to pump port sharp end is a barb and fits down half inch hose secure with jubilee it is 85mm from blunt end to END of barb, 65mm from top of clear plastic housing to bottom of black base that it screws onto 35 mm is diameter of that same black base.It screws direct onto inlet port on pump so you need 65mm clearance through that plane of rotation to attatch it so other dimensions are academic really.in other words you need 65mm clearance around a 90 degree angle to the inlet port  to fit it  ;D hope that makes sense i have tried to cover everything i can think of just wish i could post pics and stuff so i could explain better

xxmattyxx

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:40:12 pm »
Jubbly  ;D thanks for that. That top one looks like the baby then, if there isnt enough room to rotate it when its fitted I can always unbolt the pump, fit it, then rebolt the pump back on, therell be enough room once its in place.

Ta muchly.

Matt

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 10:56:25 pm »
thats the way i got mine to fit in the box on the back of my folding sack truck(sounds a bit rude :o)they are very compact and very cheap hope you get sorted if i was a computer smartarse i could have filmed myself doing it and then posted it on here( :o :o :o :o :o :o)any way hope it helps ;D cheers mate also you will find the threads on the filter are very forgiving so you can get it to fit in most situations BUT only tighyen it with hands as housing is bit delicate

xxmattyxx

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »
I'll order tomorrow, better get some dosh in the account first.

In the meantime, I fitted an old plastic tea-strainer for 75p from the local hardware store on to the end of the inlet pipe  :o