This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

tennis elbow
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:37:25 pm »
I don't wanna go over old ground people but i've had golfers elbow in the past. Not nice,painful but from what i remember,it hurt,as you'd have thought..in the elbow. Since just before xmas i've been getting god almighty pain lifting the silliest things on the other side of my elbow. I thought"no problem"......other side,that'll be tennis elbow. Problem was, i was getting pains all the way down my arm this time,making me think this was something a bit more serious,like a trapped nerve. I honestly thought it was me overusing my backpack. Anyways.....i eventually made it to the GP last night and i heard the "good" news.Only tennis elbow. 56 diclofenac sodium(anti inflammatory) tablets and hopefully i'll be right as rain again. God this job scares me sometimes;injuries etc.
Anyways,i'm gonna be fine and if this helps anybody else out there, great  ;)

*Jack Johnson

Re: tennis elbow
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »
Probably angina, just that your doctor doesn't know how to tell you in a way that avoids worrying you.

john tomkins

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:36:10 pm »
I think that's what I've got too, a dull aching pain right on that little bone just above the elbow, didn't think just anti-inflamatory would cure it though, I expected the cortisone jab :o
I've put it off for months now, just gotta be brave ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:12:32 pm »
John, go see the quack. A box of tabs,2 or 3 times a day for a week or so and you'll be fine,i reckon. Cortisone is a last resort. You'll be offered physio first. I can go on it's own. I was sent home with a leaflet last night. Apparently it's common if you don't work out much. If wfp'ing for 5 hours a day aint workin out,i don't know what is,lol

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:20:53 pm »
I had tennis elbow years ago and og course when you are trad it dosnt help. The thing that helped me at the time was changing my esacort estate car to one with poweer steering. Since then no probs

Steve

dai

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:42:43 pm »
I had the same problem when using the backflip, and I had been on anti inflammatory pills for ages for arthritis. I used one of those elasticated elbow supports for a few days and I was fine. I can just about feel it if I push a finger into the top of elbow the joint, but it gives me no problem when I'm using WFP.  dai

Stevie G

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:01:14 pm »
I think that's what I've got too, a dull aching pain right on that little bone just above the elbow, didn't think just anti-inflamatory would cure it though, I expected the cortisone jab :o
I've put it off for months now, just gotta be brave ;D

if you get to the point where the pain is so bad in your elbow. and gets to the
point even a slight touch brings tears to your eyes then believe me a pill
wont cure it a mild case might. as say if it gets that bad a cortisone is the
only answer. i had 2 in one and 1 in the other and fainted with the pain
the biggest needle ive ever seen :o

williamx

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:03:28 pm »
What you doing playing tennis, when you should be cleaning windows. ;D

Stevie G

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 07:19:35 pm »
 ;D ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 09:08:29 pm »
I had the cortisone in my wrist about 18 years ago and to be honest at the time the pain was realy realy bad I ended up having the injection and even though (like cleaningtime says) the needle was a whoppa and I sweated like a pig and felt like passing out, it totally cured it and I've never had a problem since.
I'll get brave and get down the docs one day :)