This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

letting agents / estate agents
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:43:07 pm »
do you do anywork for letting agents on empty propertys ? i am thinking of aproaching  these agents as im led to belive maintanance is there responsibility until the house is sold or rented out . so any advice on this would be great thanks .
where theres muck theres money

LSB

Re: letting agents / estate agents
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 04:57:49 pm »
i have occaissionally been contacted by letting agents / estate agents over the years ,
but they always want it now or on their timescale , so unless you are not busy and prepared to work like that , then i wouldnt bother !
however there is nothing stopping you directly canvassing houses with , for sale / to let or sold signs up !

tonyoliver

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:07:32 pm »
if it isnt done now they dont want it done oh and they pay you three to four months later
they are pants jobs

NWH

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:09:33 pm »
They don`t want to pay desent money,as said on other threads they look down there noses at you though why they do is beyond me,idiots in tweed suits.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:14:27 pm »
I am on an estate agents approved list of contractors, the work is very sparse, maybe Im too expensive  ;D

I get the occasional call from an outgoing tenant, problem is the agent covers quite a large area and most tenants dont want to pay the additional cost for that travel. Sometimes theyre closer and thats fine as theyre generally good earners but it doesnt happen that often.

Matt

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:04 pm »
I used to get a bit of this work 'cos i knew the girls behind the desk. Good money if you do end of tennancy cleans because they just take it out of the outgoing tennants deposit. I charged double my normal price every time. Trouble is they went bust a couple of weeks ago :(