This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

trolley
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:36:59 pm »
how many average houses would one person get from a 25ltr drum on a trolley set up ,and what is the average  flow rate set up at

dave0123

Re: trolley
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:40:15 pm »
iv done a few first cleans with mine and am using about 1 and a half for normal semi with bay windows at front. hopefully soon that will come down to 1 barrel per house.

i have my veristream set at about 1,o clock for first cleans seem 2 come up ok!

im quite behind with weather tho so i havent used it loads yet. will be out with it everyday once am to date with work.

dave
Dave.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 01:43:38 pm »
about 2 per barrel, though usually ends up being 3/4 per average house leaving an awkward amount in the bottom

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 01:50:31 pm »
so if you have 30 houses in a row would you be beter using it from the van  our would you be better filling up a barrel aprox 15 times ???
so how many refils in a average days work will one guy need to refill 
this is strange to me surley ladders would be quicker in this type of situation  ???

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:52:58 pm »
I think most people with trolley's will just clean the upstairs with WFP and blade bottoms unless its a leaded house or something like that.

think you would jus have to take alot of barrels lol or come back at lunch time
Dave.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 01:53:46 pm »
so if you have 30 houses in a row would you be beter using it from the van  our would you be better filling up a barrel aprox 15 times ???
this is strange to me surley ladders would be quicker in this type of situation  ???

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 01:55:11 pm »
 ;D think i have a stutter  ;D :D ;)
sorry

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 01:58:28 pm »
lol!

i think if u ran a trolley from the van you would still have 2 go back and change the barrel?  i was thinking of linking a few 2gether 2 see if it would work proberly wouldnt tho.

think it would just be better to get a tank in the back of van!! thats what am heading for early summer then il have the best of both van mount and trolley for awkward places or back alleys etc.
Dave.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:33:06 pm »
gives good food for thought this senario so how long does it take to fill a barrel form a van with a 250ltr tank in it and would you do this free flow our do u need a pump to decant water from the van ???
i used to have a 1000 ltr tank for pressure washing and the out let handel was at the side when i needed a bucket of water i just cracked it and it filled in jig time
i know this will be diffrent from window cleaning though so wich is best

oasisdweeb

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 02:55:56 pm »
when the houses have been cleaned a few times and windows r sterile u will use alot less water.prob do 2 or 3 houses from 1 container.a maccan from freedom said u should get 4 from it.(never managed though)
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

tonylee

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 02:58:39 pm »
how many average houses would one person get from a 25ltr drum on a trolley set up ,and what is the average  flow rate set up at

hi shammy
i started with a trolley. used a new barrel for each house. each house left some water in each barrel and i would simply put all the left over bits into a empty barrel.
if you have a compact round a trolley may not be the answer as you will have to keep going back to the car or van to get another barrel.
i got so sick of changing them i upgraded to a van mount.
i have the ro system at home.
hope this helps
tony

dave0123

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »
when the houses have been cleaned a few times and windows r sterile u will use alot less water.prob do 2 or 3 houses from 1 container.a maccan from freedom said u should get 4 from it.(never managed though)

2-3 houses? what setting do you have your veristream on for that? doesnt sound like alot of water or are u talking tops only?
Dave.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 04:21:58 pm »
if you skimp on flow rate then its bound to have some affects - i like to have it about 2pm to make sure the windows get blast rinsed off at the end..

davo- it would work linking them all together but you would need some nice clear hose, so you can see whats happening, and hoselock do a brass y peice with a brass tap on eack side, so get however many of those you need and Y them all together through the barrel lids, then you would just have to close off the other taps, and have one open, though youd still have to go back to the vehc to do that. I have just got a 250ltr flat tank with metal straps which only just fits between the wheel arches of my estate so that will help, i hate changing barrels.

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 05:49:39 pm »
i wouldn't worry about water usage in the beginning 'cos when you've done a job 2 or 3 times you will automatically use less water. Quicker still if you keep running out on the job.
I used to have the varistream set at 11 o clock and do 2 semis with 1 barrel. A higher flow rate will result in a quicker job though. When you get a tank a submersible pump and a 12v leisure battery is the best for refilling the barrel.
Within 3 months you will probably be using 1/3 of the water that you use when you start with the trolley. That will come naturally.

Conflagration2000

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:35:32 pm »
As I've said before on here, I position my containers at intervals then i pick up the empties. I do live in a place where your stuff's pretty safe. touch wood.

I think a combination of tank and trolly would cover most eventuallities.
Just like that

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:46:36 pm »
so if you have 30 houses in a row would you be beter using it from the van  our would you be better filling up a barrel aprox 15 times ???
this is strange to me surley ladders would be quicker in this type of situation  ???
[/font]
BANG Got that nail right on the head ;D

30 houses all in a row -  a WFP dream IF you have a good big tank and a nice long hose (preferably micro or minibore)  you could do the whole lot house after house without needing to go back to the van....

BUT if you're trying to do it with a trolley - WHAT A DRAG - endless returns to fill up.  Far better (and quicker) to ladder, could even do all the tops first then go back and do the bottoms. (This used to be a favourite trick of mine when I was trad and had loads of terraces - the custies never knew just how quickly I could do them because I split the jobs up into tops and bottoms, then knocked on the doors after for the money ;)

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 08:01:26 pm »
never thought i would hear that on here  :o im not knocking anyone  you do what suits best in the end  i am just looking down the trolley route and dont get it atall why would any one be bothered filling up after two houses if you guys were in my shoes what would you do i just bought four ladders last year  for tops wood with aluminium rungs a good couple of grands worth ,
why would i change and would this really be worth a switch over to keep four employees in work we are flat out on ladders just now ,so i would say that each one would need a trolley  if we switched   to me that seems like a big investment just to have them filling up every two min
do u get where im coming from
our do i have the blinkers on?? ??? could some one enlighten me  plz

brightnclean

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:29:38 pm »
*DEEP BREATH* and ready for the flak  :o

Shammy if you are using ladders for your employees and one of then falls and injures themselves you are in deep poo. The WAHR's say... WORKING AT HEIGHT SHOULD BE AVOIDED.... and so on and so on. It actually says now that WFP is seen as a viable alternative to working at height so should be used.. blah..blah.

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »
davo- it would work linking them all together but you would need some nice clear hose, so you can see whats happening, and hoselock do a brass y peice with a brass tap on eack side, so get however many of those you need and Y them all together through the barrel lids, then you would just have to close off the other taps, and have one open, though youd still have to go back to the vehc to do that. I have just got a 250ltr flat tank with metal straps which only just fits between the wheel arches of my estate so that will help, i hate changing barrels.

I might give that ago in the future even just linking a few see what happens.

Shammy.

If you have 4 lads working for you then why not just get a van mount? if you have 2vans then you will need 2  i spose yes it will cost you alot but you should be able to do more jobs per day.
Dave.

dai

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:59:16 pm »
Build a DIY trolley that takes two containers. Two 25 litre containers full to the brim will last me two hours on compact work, changing containers is a lot easier than filling them. I work 9 till 5, and ten containers last me all day, in fact I usually bring one or two full ones back with me. My Mrs fill my containers, I just come home and change the empty ones for full ones. A van mounted system would not suit my round. Dai