This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Alex/ kirsty gardiner
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:00 pm »
Hi, i have had to order another ro housing connector after yours arrived today....

i split it instantly   ::)

just to let you know its not an error nor are you seeing double.. ;)

Thanks for the speedy delivery too.

Gary.

Kirsty Gardiner

Re: Alex/ kirsty gardiner
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:46:03 pm »
Hi Gary,

I'm going to send you two - you can keep the spare one for emergencies.  I split 4 connectors once trying to replace a cracked fitting, then I worked out that I had to leave at least 2 turns worth on the screw thread loose on one side before I tried screwing the connector into the other side of the housing! Does that make sense?! ???

geefree

Re: Alex/ kirsty gardiner
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:33:27 am »
Hi Kirsty,

Yes that makes sense, for the eventual tightening of both?... its quite tricky and i should have slowed down and took my time,

anyway, i have set the ro-unit up with all 3 filters using a small piece of the thin tubing to connect two of the housings together, it has a slight leak, so its outside lol, but its filling my tank, i just hope its pure in the morning,

as i said previously, my inline tds is broken, we have had building work and a new kitchen so everything is piled in the garage, and my good lass indoors has not got a clue where she put my hand held tds meter

so im working blind at the moment, guess what my next purchase is ? ;)

Thanks very much for the spare part, really good of you.

Gary.