This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Absolutely typical !
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:50 pm »
Been cleaning a house since last summer, husband and wife have always been out and cheque has come through no problem. No comments or complaints.
Last week when I was cleaning the wife popped home just as I was finishing. She is a school teacher apparantly and it was lunch time.
I got quizzed over why I was leaving the windows wet. Today the cheque comes through but with a note saying they are not happy with the results.
My wife phoned them to find out what was wrong. Spots apparantly,where the windows were left wet.
I'm going back tomorrow to have a look and do them again. I don't suppose they will be happy after that either.
If she hadn't come home when she did she wouldn't have given it a second thought but now she is looking for problems.
What are my chances?

AuRavelling79

Re: Absolutely typical !
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:17:34 pm »
Go there and see if there are any spots.

If no then leave a note saying you cannot find anything wrong and would they be more specific in explaining what is bothering them.

If yes - put it right!

If after that they are still unhappy and you are sure it's not you then just thank whatever/whoever you normally thank that your kids aren't taught by her! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:13 pm »
Been cleaning a house since last summer, husband and wife have always been out and cheque has come through no problem. No comments or complaints.
Last week when I was cleaning the wife popped home just as I was finishing. She is a school teacher apparantly and it was lunch time.
I got quizzed over why I was leaving the windows wet. Today the cheque comes through but with a note saying they are not happy with the results.
My wife phoned them to find out what was wrong. Spots apparantly,where the windows were left wet.
I'm going back tomorrow to have a look and do them again. I don't suppose they will be happy after that either.
If she hadn't come home when she did she wouldn't have given it a second thought but now she is looking for problems.
What are my chances?
Chances are you didn't do them right or they just wanted a moan as they are not used to it when you leave spots of water all over the glass, go check if they are fine go back and see them when they are in and explain that the spot dry clear etc etc I got a guy like this today all I do is do a test on there water for them and show them, then do the same from van there faces are a picture.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 06:44:45 pm »
all I do is do a test on there water for them and show them, then do the same from van there faces are a picture.

GIVE THAT MAN A MEDAL ;D ;D ;D

What a brilliant idea - why didn't I think of that?  I'm sure a lot of people don't believe you when you tell them the water is pure.  A sure fire way to shut them up ;D

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:45:55 pm »
That is a very good idea. And yes a lot of people don't believe you. I wonder if a before and after photo might be effective.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:48:01 pm »
all I do is do a test on there water for them and show them, then do the same from van there faces are a picture.

What a brilliant idea - why didn't I think of that?  I'm sure a lot of people don't believe you when you tell them the water is pure.  A sure fire way to shut them up ;D
I just show them face to face never had a problem after

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »

I did it a few times early on with WFP.  One guy was so suspicious, he thought I was fiddling the test.  I asked him why on earth would I want to do that.  He hasn't spoken to me since but his wife deals with it all now.  She's great.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:59:56 pm »
I just think this woman has made her mind up and she's out to prove she is always right.
Still we will see tomorrow.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:01:37 pm »

???  ???  ??? so you mean we cant use tap-water for WFP?

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:08:11 pm »
Your chances are not good. They've got to admitt they're wrong, and that doesn;t happen. But they've been okay all this time.... well we haven't been checking them...

I bet the blokes okay though.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »
I used to think oh no there in and i know we`ve all thought that,shall i do it pole or shall i get the ladders off and wait till next time when there out.In my humble experience i`ve learnt that the best way is to start as you mean to go on,just pole them all at least then you know where you stand and if your confident when using it it will show to the customer.If you go WFP and don`t really know what your doing then you will lose customers and i think that`s what`s happend before when some on here have said that since going down the pole route it`s all gone a bit pearshaped.

johnny_h

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
i lost one recently she caught me doing them and doesnt like them left wet yet her neighbour is so impressed i have gained her mother in law who is so impressed she has recomended me to a work mate
AUDI VIDE TACE

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »
Don't waste your time with customers like this, you are better off without them!!! ;)

simbo

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:30:51 pm »
some will look for any excuse to be rid of you, i had a note with cheque today saying no longer needed as they need someone to do the insides also and have found someone to do it. I have never said that i would not but she is never in, REAL REASON not worth having cleaned in the winter which i know for a fact as silly cow told me before i quoted so priced high, you get a feeling for these from the start, picked up another same price last time anyway so no loss.
I wish just for once they would be honest about it though.
simbo

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:32:50 pm »
i lost 2 that had come home just after i,d done them , they freaked over the water on floor and windows , i have decided in future i will not even try and convince them of the benefits  , theres always more that appreciate that the windows stay cleaner etc and theres always more custies out there , what i,m really saying is who cares what the odd custies thinks lol

NWH

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:37:37 pm »
Don`t let a couple of idiots spoil your spirit,it`s the pole or nothing.If you fell off your ladder next week and couldn`t do there windows anymore all they would do is pick the phone book up and find another one,treat them the same if you don`t want it then i`ll find someone else.

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:46:04 pm »
Just a follow up on this story. I went round there today, choosing a time when the Mrs of the house was not likely to pop back.
The frames are a bit milky and there was one or two spots and quite a big single run that looked like a big milky drip has run down from the frame above. These were all on the front. The back seemed perfect to me.

Because I had already got the ladders out to have a look I recleaned the front trad while I was up there. ( brought back a few memories) but I'm not going to trad them every time so I think I'm on a loser with this customer.

steve m

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 07:56:20 pm »
two things - do them tomorrow after shes gone back and squeegee the bottoms

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:02:18 pm »
Just a follow up on this story. I went round there today, choosing a time when the Mrs of the house was not likely to pop back.
The frames are a bit milky and there was one or two spots and quite a big single run that looked like a big milky drip has run down from the frame above. These were all on the front. The back seemed perfect to me.

Because I had already got the ladders out to have a look I recleaned the front trad while I was up there. ( brought back a few memories) but I'm not going to trad them every time so I think I'm on a loser with this customer.

Vince, I like your posts simply because you are genuine.
With this problem house with problem milky frames (south facing I expect), scrub (wash) the frame & glass normal but lift the brush off the window to rinse to minimise the 'milky' paint (oxidised) from running down the glass.
The brush on these milky frames rubs loose the paint which causes the problems. I lift my brush off at the top of the window frame (if aluminium painted window frames that have oxidised) when rinsing, but put the brush back on the glass just past the top frame to rinse to the bottom, then lift off just before the bottom part of the frame. Hope you understood what I was trying to explain.

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:14:53 pm »
Hello Wayne.
I was aware this house was a bit milky, as are a lot of others, so I had been double rinsing them already from day one.
This was the fourth or fifth clean and I was not seeing anything coming off since the second clean.
The problem with this low level milking is the after drips. Yes you were right about them being south facing by the way.