This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Re: New customers slowing down
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 07:47:42 pm »
If you're worried and need the work, get off your a***s and knock on some doors. Over the last 3 weeks I've canvassed up more than £700 in new work.

Got a new franchisee starting full time on the 11th Feb and I've promised him £600/week to start so I have to get out and knock ;D

ERM,!. Do,you think i would have started a post like this, if i was simply sat here doing nothing,

out knocking, leaflet dropping, posting to companies, advertising in shops etc,

its very quiet for some and not others, regardless of the amount of work put in.

and being saturated with w/c in this area does not help,...

its easy to pop on here after getting lots of work canvassing for a day or two, and telling all  how brilliant you are,
and then telling everyone to get off their fat arses and do the same...

some weeks it works for some and not others, but that does not mean people are not putting the work in to achieve new customers.

i would not dream of giving that type of advice to people who are obviously self motivated enough to have already set up a business,... or maybe they just sat on their arses until it all came to them eh?

xxmattyxx

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 08:21:47 pm »
£150.00 since New Year, from advertising in the local Parish Mag and the local shop.

Not only pleased as its new regular work but also because its the result of effort and motivation.

I need more work I think, although Im behind at the mo, having gone WFP I'll be caught up before long hopefully.

Matt

sf

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:24 pm »
5 domestic 1 commercial so far this week.just hope it keeps rolling in like this.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »
Ooh the phone just rang - first one this week!

groundhog

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 09:33:39 pm »
If you're worried and need the work, get off your a***s and knock on some doors. Over the last 3 weeks I've canvassed up more than £700 in new work.

Got a new franchisee starting full time on the 11th Feb and I've promised him £600/week to start so I have to get out and knock ;D

ERM,!. Do,you think i would have started a post like this, if i was simply sat here doing nothing,

its very quiet for some and not others, regardless of the amount of work put in.

its easy to pop on here after getting lots of work canvassing for a day or two, and telling all  how brilliant you are,

some weeks it works for some and not others, but that does not mean people are not putting the work in to achieve new customers.

i would not dream of giving that type of advice to people who are obviously self motivated enough to have already set up a business,... or maybe they just sat on their arses until it all came to them eh?

Show some respect to your elders Gazza! Ian talks a lot of good sense, you should listen to him!!

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 09:42:04 pm »
I'm a newby but the 4 winters i've been through have been the best for picking up good jobs and reliable customers.
I leafletted town work a couple of weeks ago with 100 leaflets and quoted for 2 but they weren't interested in my price. Last week i leafletted 15 houses in the villages i work and picked up 3 jobs for £40 and a call for another house that is £20+.
February might be better for the monthly salaried people as the end of jan would be the 1st income since xmas/new year.

Majestic

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:37 pm »
scwindows
Have to price it yet, 3 are a bit out of my way. Some areas dont need more work

geefree

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 11:35:29 pm »
Show some respect to your elders Gazza! Ian talks a lot of good sense, you should listen to him!!

l respect everyone who works hard, what i dont respect is someone saying get off your backside, without first of all knowing how hard that, or those persons are working.... i mean the first thing we do is get out there so how absurd is a comment is that.

and he may talk a lot of sense i wont argue with that.... and i do respect him and i do listen to him .

but not when i am out all gods hours knocking doors, and leaflet dropping, and sending mail shots out, advertising as hard as i can afford to. only to be told to get off my arse,

when i simply said its quiet just now and my area is saturated

perhaps your respect on this occasion is misguided,

and i may be older too.

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 11:39:49 pm »

l respect everyone who works hard, what i dont respect is someone saying get off your backside, without first of all knowing how hard that, or those persons are working.... i mean the first thing we do is get out there so how absurd is a comment is that.

and he may talk a lot of sense i wont argue with that.... and i do respect him and i do listen to him .

but not when i am out all gods hours knocking doors, and leaflet dropping, and sending mail shots out, advertising as hard as i can afford to. only to be told to get off my arse,

when i simply said its quiet just now and my area is saturated

perhaps your respect on this occasion is misguided,

and i may be older too.

Nobody is older than Ian!!! ;D  If your area is saturated then go further afield. ;)

geefree

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 12:22:02 am »
lol. i may have to i think  ::)

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 02:49:31 am »
i'm with window washers hi ian
starting to come in nicely  now i have changed tactics
thanks guys for all the help recently with my marketing
respect
simon
Your welcome Simon  ;)
Glad it is working for you  :)

Londoner

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 07:13:59 am »
I think in general the number of window cleaners has increased. This is perfectly understandable when you consider whats going on in the jobs market generally. 

It always has been the first fall back when work goes slack in other trades and people are looking for some ready cash.

I see other window cleaners everywhere.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 02:29:18 pm »

:-[ :-[ :-[

Sorry!!

Didn't mean to offend.

You have to admit, though, there are a lot of people who post on here who won't, don't or can't canvass and then moan they haven't enough work

SonOfFormby

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 03:09:22 pm »
Or is it simply my area , how are you guys finding it.? ??? ::)

Gary.

I have dropped about 350 flyers/cards (people started phoning me before I had even finished the drop) in the last couple of weeks and have picked up about £70 worth of new work and have 3 quotes to do tomorrow, I thought this was going to be a worrying month, but it has been the complete opposite, best month i've had so far, and it has also given me the confidence to set a few goals for the next 6 months at least.

Lee

Lee

SonOfFormby

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 05:40:12 pm »
£150.00 since New Year, from advertising in the local Parish Mag and the local shop.

Not only pleased as its new regular work but also because its the result of effort and motivation.

I need more work I think, although Im behind at the mo, having gone WFP I'll be caught up before long hopefully.

Matt

Matt, who did you have to contact to advertise is your local parish mag, as It's something worth looking at for me i think, as you're not the 1st person on here  I have heard has had much success from advertising in them.

Thanks

Lee

mark dew

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 05:52:49 pm »
sonofformby, if you have trouble finding out who to contact for parish magazines then you should go the the church in the area you want to advertise. The church sign will have the vicars name and number. Call the vicar who will be able to point you in the right direction.

oh and gazza, going rural will be a good move for you. I get my most responses from leafletting in jan/feb/march than the rest of the year.

sf

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 07:56:03 pm »
another 2 today.having a good week

geefree

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 08:50:19 pm »
At Last, got 5 today all quotes accepted.....

sorry too Ian, i value your comments i was really on a downer and then a i read your post....

constructive it was too so let me apologise for being a moody little git  ::)

good idea the rural part too mark, that was in my thoughts as well as expanding my scope to other  areas

mark dew

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:29 pm »
I was at a loss after xmas during my 1st year window cleaning as i was skint but suprisingly picked up a dozen jobs in jan and feb and it has been the same the last 4 winters. There definitely seems to be a window for picking up rural work in the winter months. And they have been among my best jobs and customers.
Another good thing about rural work is that each job is more profitable on its own than town work that i gained when starting out.

jonah

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 09:10:23 pm »
Do you think it might just be you ?  Only kidding gaz you might want to look at different areas for advertising remember "work smarter not harder " ....I hate that quote but over the years I have come to realise its true . I know a lot wc/s over 20 years or so . If you are getting fed up and want a chat you know where I am .