This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rinsing on!!!!
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:14:09 pm »
can some one that rinses with a brush on explain how they do it from starting window to finish please, I have been toying with it, but would like to know how others do this.

Ian

NWH

Re: rinsing on!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:41:39 pm »
Firstly have a desent flow and by this i mean a good amount of water cascading down the glass but not over the top if you know what i mean,use a mono brush but if possible not a vikan mono as there rubbish you can use a flocked brush but if you do clean out the bristles with your fingers before you start the job.Scrub the window as normal up and down and once you`ve finnished scrubbing take the brush to the top of the glass and go across the window from side to side with the brush on,the last rinse with the brush on you should be able to hold the pole with the tips of your fingers,what i do now having rinsed on for so long is scrub the glass and lift a corner of the brush as i`m doing it,it`s even quicker but does require practise.Good luck and welcome to even faster WFP.

cat9921

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:41:56 pm »
Ian

I do not rinse on the glase,But I have been told some times it works and some timse it don't..Gose by the window
 ;)

edd

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:42:55 pm »
it carnt be done imo

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 08:44:34 pm »
it carnt be done imo
I do it all the time and wouldn`t get away with it if it didn`t,it`s all in the brush and flowrate.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 08:53:16 pm »
I would have bet money that edd was a rinse on guy.

I use a flocked vikan with fan jets. The brush makes a thrishing sound and moves a bit like a hovver skirt with steam billowing out.I never take the brush off and nothing I do can make the job bad.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 09:08:05 pm »
 ;) ;) ;) ;)

poles apart

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:27 pm »
I always rinse on the glass as it's much quicker and gives the same result. Some people are under the assumption that the more rinsing you do the better but if you're going to spend that extra time on a window you'd be better doing more brushing as this will clean better than extra rinsing. Wash your car with it and you'll see what I mean!
Rod

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 09:24:21 pm »
Rinsing with the brush off the glass makes no difference at all,if people want to break there back and waste time let them the proof is in the pudding.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 09:33:27 pm »
I always rinse on the glass as it's much quicker and gives the same result. Some people are under the assumption that the more rinsing you do the better but if you're going to spend that extra time on a window you'd be better doing more brushing as this will clean better than extra rinsing. Wash your car with it and you'll see what I mean!
Rod
the reason I have not been doing it is because I tried and saw there was still bits (looked like a grain of sand) still on the glass, I am trying and I am also listening and learning  ;)

Firstly have a desent flow and by this i mean a good amount of water cascading down the glass but not over the top if you know what i mean,use a mono brush but if possible not a vikan mono as there rubbish you can use a flocked brush but if you do clean out the bristles with your fingers before you start the job.Scrub the window as normal up and down and once you`ve finnished scrubbing take the brush to the top of the glass and go across the window from side to side with the brush on,the last rinse with the brush on you should be able to hold the pole with the tips of your fingers,what i do now having rinsed on for so long is scrub the glass and lift a corner of the brush as i`m doing it,it`s even quicker but does require practise.Good luck and welcome to even faster WFP.
Thank you for that NWH, see you can be nice to me sometimes  ;) I do appreciate you posting this as is something I do need to learn asap I keep trying and will keep doing it, once again cheers dude  ;)

Ian

p.s Mr S lol at your comment do you know how that sounded  ::)

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 09:37:43 pm »
The little grainy bits your talking about won`t show up when dried provicing it`s not to bad,if there`s lots of bits then not enough water is being used XXXX. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 09:55:50 pm »
The little grainy bits your talking about won`t show up when dried provicing it`s not to bad,if there`s lots of bits then not enough water is being used XXXX. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am talking saw 3 or 4 max on a patio window I go for perfection as was worried about this, trust me my flow is full on  most of the time ;) I pay on a meter by the way before someone jumps on me

Kev R

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 02:11:57 am »
I tried rinsing on the glass for a couple of days on my domestic work. I always rinse brush on for high stuff and commercial but never had on domestic. I got two complaints!!! Most houses were fine but for some reason two were not. Well I got two complains last year, going to be tough to beat that now!! Im rinsing off for domestics now  ;)

Adam Boss

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:20 am »
I rinse on the glass with a tilt on the brush lifting the left side off the glass and move right to left, seems to work for me.
EST: 1988

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 07:32:39 am »
I rinse off the glass but only by a few millimeters. If the tips should touch a little it doesn't seem to matter. I often wonder if there is that much need to remove so many bristles on a brush for the jets? Gardiners take out six sets of bristles. (but then Alex knows what he's doing by now) ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 08:38:05 am »
I rinse off the glass but only by a few millimeters. If the tips should touch a little it doesn't seem to matter. I often wonder if there is that much need to remove so many bristles on a brush for the jets? Gardiners take out six sets of bristles. (but then Alex knows what he's doing by now) ;)

We remove six sets of bristles (3 on each side) on the Bentley brush and the sill brush only.  On the rest of the Vikan range we remove no bristles apart from the swivel brush where we remove four.  The reason for removing bristles is purely to allow a clear line of sight for the jet.  As the bristles on the Bentley are quite angled, this means needing to remove three sets of bristles each side. 

Rinsing on, rinsing off -  both can work but it's obvious which will have the higher success rate.  With our monofilament prototype brushes, I can get away with rinsing on when doing higher work (notice the phrase 'get away with').  In my tests, I've always found that rinsing off will provide a quicker movement of particles.  However, when dealing with larger bits on the glass, rinsing on, ie, using the brush to pull the bits off, can be quicker.  Experiment and use each technique wisely!

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 08:49:41 am »
Morning Alex, another sensible reply as usual. :) How do you manage to stay out of the dross that pops up on here?
 Anyway are we a couple of weeks away from the SL-X? That money is burning a hole in my pocket and if the weather doesn't improve i might catch fire soon. :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 08:53:39 am »
Morning Dave  :)

Everything in place for 2-3 weeks (if no more delays!).  Will keep everyone posted.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 09:02:15 am »
I am forced to have the varistream on very high to get the main burner to light. I use a high flow anyway but this is higher than I would like- 2oclock-. So what seems to work is not turning the tap on fully, this seems to result in the water coming out pressured but in less quantity. Hence the thrishing sound. Apart from the odd chalky frame i've had no problems.

poles apart

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 09:05:38 am »
I should have added to my post that whether you're successful at rinsing on the glass or not, has a lot to do with the brushes you use!
Rod