This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

Its official Ive Lost the Contracts
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:03:43 am »
Hi

Its Official i got the dreaded letter today

A Months notice for all my Tescos,
will get back to you all later

Marcus.

Ian W

Re: Its official Ive Lost the Contracts
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:09:20 am »
Sorry to hear that Marcus. Hope something better comes along quickly for you.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Dale Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:26:47 am »
Marcus, use it as a business opportunity to go for other work, but sorry to hear your bad news.
You can look at it positively..... after you get over your dissapointment.... you will get more work to replace it for sure
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 10:43:21 am »
Sorry to hear that Marcus.   Replace it quickly so you keep your morale up...

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:47:32 am »
bit bad for you mate . its happend to the lad round this area who dos tesco . hopefully you will replace it soon .
where theres muck theres money

philboy

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 10:47:51 am »
Sorry to hear that Marcus, doesn't matter how loyal you are to your comm custies, all they can see is pound signs! I'm with Dale, look at it as opportunities opening up rather than doors closing. All the best, keep ya chin up!

Phil

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 11:05:53 am »
Its never a good feeling losing work but losing big work hurts more but it gives the opportunity to go out and possibly get bigger and better turn it into a positive

Dean

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 11:25:33 am »
Did you deal direct with tesco or a subcontract cleaning firm that also lost the floor cleaning etc.

Pj

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 12:42:47 pm »
Quite a while back when Tescos started their big out of town superstores I sub contracted to clean the windows for 2 stores 6 mornings a week. 
It paid well
I did a good job in return
After 10 years a new cleaning contractor moved in and took the whole cleaning deal.
I was handed a letter of 2 lines telling me the date my services would no longer be needed and that was it!
A week after I finished the new cleaning co. offered me the w/c for 20% of what I was getting.  I was feeling so demoralised I took it!  Shortly after I quit.  I thought why should I let them walk over me.

The area manager for Tesco at that time told me how they operated (I cleaned his house windows for a few years).
They simply take the cheapest, if another co. looks like they are offering what Tesco wants then they tell them the lowst they'll pay, that is it.

I don't know if that is how they still operate, probably, but I would never work for them again!

Unless they begged me of course ;D

ps.  Sorry you lost them Marcus, I know how it feels.  I still hate shopping at Tesco because of what happened to me and it was years ago

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 12:51:14 pm »
problem with tesco's is they have far to much money to care about us, this may in the end be there downfall , they get everything they want at the price they want (not all but nearly) they do the same to farmers, manufactures and everyone they use why because they can, look at the car washes that have just gone in, clean car cheap as chips imported workers min wage in accomodation provided by them (that may not get fact but thats what I hear)

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »

I once heard that for every £9 spent in the shops in the UK £1 of it is in a Tesco.

sair

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 02:11:59 pm »
Hi marcus

i ve  cleaned for the contractors now for 4 years , if its any consolation they are always changing the goal post, the new letter we had as been implemented with site authorization applying prior to work under taken, plus authorization on a monthly basis for all scheduled jobs

the thing is that they should have canceled all low level cleaning 2 years ago, but many were allowed to slip through the ropes, i lost 400 per week two years ago but picked up the 3 monthly which turned out to be far better paid and less hassle

If its at all possible try and secure all the high level 3 monthly and if not already have and be prepared to put 10 million in place that they require,

just ask what you have to do to secure three monthly

hope it goes well
Essentially Pure Ltd

detec52

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 04:43:31 pm »
I cleaned a well known chemist contracted for them for 17 years, then a new manager turned up and i was out, sorry mate but they dont give a poope about you. Rob.
RAH Cleaning Contractors

MNWC

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 05:49:57 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys,

Ive got to look at it as a positive and concentrate on my domestic round

Marcus...

Jago

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 06:12:08 pm »
I got three comercial stuff and one I do as a swap fpr a free currie the other two always late in paying
I love the domestic scene more as always more reliable and far less cut throat
no under cutting as such as un written rule
but commercial is a free for all
Sorry to hear the bad news but as you say stay possitive and concentrate on that
J
To Do Is To Dare

NWH

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 07:57:20 pm »
I said on a thread only yesterday that thid will happen,there only has to be someone on the inside with a collar and tie job that knows a WC,if or once this happens your finnished.What other work do you have,i hope you didn`t put all your eggs in and all that.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
I said on a thread only yesterday that thid will happen,there only has to be someone on the inside with a collar and tie job that knows a WC,if or once this happens your finnished.What other work do you have,i hope you didn`t put all your eggs in and all that.
thats very true NWH, I am getting my wife to ask managers for the window cleaning details of her office, nice big block, it happens all the time and there windows look real bad once a year by the looks of it but alot of the time it is who you know or who lines the pocket the most

NWH

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »
I have a quiet a few commercial jobs ie golf clubs factiorys etc and my dad new them all.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 09:52:25 pm »
I have a quiet a few commercial jobs ie golf clubs factiorys etc and my dad new them all.
if they get taken over it does not really mean anything m8, I am not knocking just saying

tacky

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 09:59:49 pm »
know how u feel .used to do certain building sociaties . only 4 iknow .i was doing them for cleaning firm in caerphilly .untill ocs took the lot over .m like other guys say we shouldnt keep all our rags in one bucket . sorry i mean all eggs in one basket