This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

flow rate
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:29:54 pm »
what do you reckon is a good flow rate per minute . if you was to measure the amount of water that you are using in the minute what would be ideal . is a bigger flow going to give better results compared to a low flow . i personaly have a flow of around 1 ltr per min .
where theres muck theres money

Jeff Brimble

Re: flow rate
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:34:03 pm »
Sounds good.
I use 4 jets to spread it about, most wont believe my normal flow rate though- 1/3 - 1/2L/min Ott supply. But I also contoversially dont do frames unless its an extra.
Many are happy with 2L  its supposed to be faster to clean the windows.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:25 pm »
I don`t think 1 ltr per minute is enough,i used to use that kind of flow rate and it was taking ages compared to what it does these days with using more water.You want a good flow of water flowing down the glass shifting all the dirt and bits,it`s much much quicker.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
How are you testing your flow rate ??

I just turn the tap and clean

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:46:57 pm »
ive never had problams with flow at 1ltr . i understand what you say about a good flow and that its quicker . but i reckon once the glass as been done a few times theres no need for a large flow . and i would say im any slower by using 1 ltr compared to say 2 ltrs .

NWH

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:48:59 pm »
You just have to experiment with it on your own window`s.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »
to test the flow rate ian i turn on let water go into a bucket for 1 minute then tip this into a jug with measurements on . i allso have a mate who using amounts like jeff brimble .

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 10:25:55 pm »
1 to 2 litres a minute.  This is with 2 pencil jets on a bentley brush, frames included.

I find the higher the flow rate, the less problems with spotting...

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 11:06:36 pm »
1,5l per minute is recommended with brush on rinsing apparantly.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 08:50:33 pm »
experimented today and found i was getting same results with flow turned down to 3/4 of a ltr per min and 1.5 ltrs per min increasing more to 2 ltrs and results were not as good ended up with small spots in a trail . will be trying tomorrow with isopropyl alcohol added at various amounts as i read that this can give better results and better shine on the glass .

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 09:08:24 pm »
Trouble is dave, you can do a full house @ 3/4 lpm and one window spots and the others are fine, also do the same @ 1.5 lpm and the same thing happens, were you going quicker with the flow turned up? what windows are you using to compare? were they the same type? same amount of dirt on them?
there really are to many variables to try to make it too scientific a test

NWH

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
If your brush holds no dirt then there is nothing that can be left behind,get a desent brush.

john tomkins

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 09:16:05 pm »
If your brush holds no dirt then there is nothing that can be left behind,get a desent brush.

What's your fav?

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:06 pm »
I have a unique 9" salmon which has bristles in it that can`t be had anymore,although rinsing on is not a problem with any brush as long as it`s clean and your using the right amount of water.If people are using piddly amounts of water i can see why they would think there would be problems,but with the right amount problems are few and far between and no more than you would have by using less water and holding off to rinse.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 09:39:24 pm »
john windows were all the same and i reckon i went at the same speed on all dirt was more or less same on each window . nwh as regards to brush what do you class as a good brush (besides your unique salmon ) after reading many threads on brushes it seem like theres no suitable brush to be found that will do every job . but im open to ideas on a good brush if you can recomend 1 that would be great thanks .

NWH

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 09:43:42 pm »
Cleantechs own yellow brush,or peter fogwills 11" salmon fitted with fans,forget Vikan oval or high low there to heavy.If you try a salmon brush fit it with narrow fans as mono bristles dry out quicker than flocked therefore more water is needed,with this brush of fogwills rinsing on the glass is a breeze.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 09:56:46 pm »
Cleantechs own yellow brush,or peter fogwills 11" salmon fitted with fans,forget Vikan oval or high low there to heavy.If you try a salmon brush fit it with narrow fans as mono bristles dry out quicker than flocked therefore more water is needed,with this brush of fogwills rinsing on the glass is a breeze.
can you put a link up for the brust you are talking about please ?

NWH

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 10:16:02 pm »
I use the yellow cleantech on downstairs window`s and the salmon on tops,if your talking about the fogwill brush go to www.window-tools.com and don`t forget it`s the 11" with fans,theres no thread so you`ll have to glue an angle adapter into the stock,takes 10 mins.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 10:20:47 pm »
I use the yellow cleantech on downstairs window`s and the salmon on tops,if your talking about the fogwill brush go to www.window-tools.com and don`t forget it`s the 11" with fans,theres no thread so you`ll have to glue an angle adapter into the stock,takes 10 mins.
why do you use a different brush on ups and downs ? seems like it would waste time to me, but ears are open  ;)

NWH

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 10:27:38 pm »
No reason but out of all the flocked brushes this i find is the best.