This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seanpaul

WFP Trolley Newbie!
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:57:34 pm »
Just bought Pure Freedom Trolley and wondered of anyone could give me a few tips as to use it the best?

Still cleaning traditional at the moment, but will be converting once I know the crack!

Any converting letters etc would be greatly welcome.

Cheers

seanpaul

mark dew

Re: WFP Trolley Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:09:19 pm »
start furthest away from your refilling point. When you buy a pole get an extra 10 or 15 metres of pole hose. (eg 18 foot pole get 50 or 60 feet of hose instead of the standard pole hose.) Or you will be moving the trolley every couple of windows.
If you can, get a water tank and a submersible pump run off a leisure battery to save you time. If you do this get some jump leads as well in case you run out of power on the trolley.
Have the pump controller setting at no more than 11 o clock.

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:16:45 pm »
When you get a air lock - stick your finger down the hoselock connector to release the pressure. Took me a while to work this out :-\

Get some more barrels.... you need more than 6 - I have 13, but could do with a couple more

60 meters of 6mm microbore comes in VERY handy. ( means your not moving your trolley about after every window) - with 60 metres you can do a whole house with moving the trolley once !!!

Get yourself a flow valve from Gardiners poles... A MUST !!!!!!

Takes a few weeks to get used to the trolley and WFP, but the Pure Freedom is a great pieice of kit.

THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:18:34 pm »
Just bought Pure Freedom Trolley and wondered of anyone could give me a few tips as to use it the best?

Still cleaning traditional at the moment, but will be converting once I know the crack!

Cheers

seanpaul
when I converted to wfp I didnt give a letter, if they asked I explained I lost a couple of customers because I made there windows wet, and last week few cleans on one they saw and said you are getting my mud wet  ::) before when I was trad on this house and they said I stood on the mud, (I laughed and said no pleasing some people under my breath).

I personally would not give out a letter as you are asking for trouble,. this is just IMO I am sure others will also give their view on this aswell.

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:32:21 pm »

Cheers

seanpaul
when I converted to wfp I didnt give a letter, if they asked I explained I lost a couple of customers because I made there windows wet, and last week few cleans on one they saw and said you are getting my mud wet  ::) before when I was trad on this house and they said I stood on the mud, (I laughed and said no pleasing some people under my breath).

I personally would not give out a letter as you are asking for trouble,. this is just IMO I am sure others will also give their view on this aswell.

I agree.

If they ask, then explain to the benefits of WFP - but to be honest most customers just want they windows cleaned, and aren't that bothered how.

When you do explain though make it clear to them that they will be left wet, and to dry naturally.
This caused a bit of confusion with a couple of my customers -  but there fine about WFP now that I've explained the system, and they have seen the results.

THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

tonylee

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »
hi
i did give a letter, but i also asked people to support me for 3 cleans. i told them that it had cost me £2000. and that i would not be putting up their price but it would be safer for me not being up a ladder. i also said that after 3 cleans if they were not happy i would return to the trad method.
i dont know if anyone read the letter but no-one has gone back to trad method.
this said, for a week or two untill i got used to useing the system i found it a compleete nightmare.
oh one other thing people start buy doing their own and their friends houses i did this but i also did one of my customers with the biggest gob. i did her every day for three days free of charge. by the third day her windows were amazing. two years on and she is still recommending me.
have fun
tony

Conflagration2000

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:59:59 pm »
When you get a air lock - stick your finger down the hoselock connector to release the pressure. Took me a while to work this out :-\

Get some more barrels.... you need more than 6 - I have 13, but could do with a couple more

60 meters of 6mm microbore comes in VERY handy. ( means your not moving your trolley about after every window) - with 60 metres you can do a whole house with moving the trolley once !!!

Get yourself a flow valve from Gardiners poles... A MUST !!!!!!

Takes a few weeks to get used to the trolley and WFP, but the Pure Freedom is a great pieice of kit.

I'm not sure how to use the flow valve from Gardiners as its a fair bit away from the pole. I bought a control valve from Andy at freedom and that sits nicely on the pole and is very easy to switch on and off.
Just like that

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:59 pm »
i never got on with gardiners flow control valves either. Maybe i'm ham fisted but the taps broke off 3 of them within 6 weeks of dragging around.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 10:54:46 pm »
i never got on with gardiners flow control valves either. Maybe i'm ham fisted but the taps broke off 3 of them within 6 weeks of dragging around.

same here iam "HAMFIST" i only broke one it lasted 3 wks and i decided a change of setup was in order.....sorry to be ignorant but does freedom trolley have a fixed tank ir does it use barrels

Conflagration2000

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 11:00:50 pm »
The freedom trolly has barrels.
Just like that

seanpaul

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 02:42:23 pm »
Thanks to everyone,

seanpaul

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 11:12:30 pm »
Did you get the newest feedom trolley?

is it new or second hand

did you get a ro or pole with it

how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking :)

regards

Brett

s.w.c

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 11:35:05 pm »
i will take some pics ive got a good way of getting around air locks. will do it tomorrow and post them so keep a look out.

oasisdweeb

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 12:30:48 pm »
i got all my info and tips from brett walker m.b.e. (nottingham).he came and helped me set up my ro.my trolley and pole problems.he (and his wife debbie)were reallly helpful and as i might have said before without there help and advice my trolley and pole would have ended up in the trent.
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

s.w.c

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 06:19:49 pm »
ok here is pics, so use these words and follow pics, first get your trolley connect up drum, then i get the tail bit i made use in push-fit jobbies pull out tail cap then put to the top of drum and turn on trolley and gets rid of air lock , then stop trolley get pole hose pull off cap and then connect the two together and thats it no waste of water trying to get rid of air locks, final pic is bits you would need,