This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

master cleaner

Introduction kit for commercial
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:15 pm »
i am in the process of putting together a kit ie small folder with buisiness card flyer and other information about my buisiness ,
has anyone on here got a similar thing or any info on what to put in the kit and what to say to the management when i approach them.
all information and experiences will be gratefully exepted and i will obviosly share what happens with everybody

thanx
gary

matt

Re: Introduction kit for commercial
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:42:05 pm »
i hear you need a brown evelope to give to the guy who deals with the contracts

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:09 pm »
GLR

I put a great deal of effort and if needed money into my business portfolio.

Been to see a design company today for matt laminated double sided business cards, for the first time I will be having all my stationary matching, letter heads, leaflets and will be having some matching folders for the business portfolios to go into.

We have a good portfolio but I feel it is not good enough for the level that we will be marketing towards this year and I want some high level customers.

You need a bit about your business history, clients to date, services offered, Health and safety policy, WAHD summary, references - lots of working photos and it all needs to be put together with a little bit of thought.

When you have finished it and you send it off it may be sitting on a desk next to mine, how will it stand out and set itself apart from mine.

Mine will be glossy, have working photos taken on a 10 megapixel camera, will have a professionally designed folder and will have been developed over 7 years,

You may offer a better standard of service to me but this might be the only part of your company and work ethics that the potential customer will ever see, You need to make sure that it is better in content and grabs the attention above mine.

Make sure that you think about how it might look to potential customers, put yourself in their shoes, pull it apart and then make it better.

One of my portfolios got us a contract worth tens of thousands of pounds per year - that was over 3 years ago and they are still using our services.

It took then four months to get back in touch with us but they did not throw it away - make them want to keep it

Good luck

Rob

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »
Do you not think that you can put to much information  into it . Would it not be better to keep it simple , show pictures of the kind of work that you do .

Most facilitie managers have busy days and dont allways have time to read in depth portfolios.

You can still send a quality item , but keep it simple.
Just my view

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:48:54 pm »
Absolutely

One thing we will be doing this time is keeping it simple but working on creating a high end portfolio with just enough info for the potential client to be interested in

Rob ;D