This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

another one bites the dust
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »
out doing work today 3 houses in a row,
guy comes out of house no4 asking for a quote gives him one and gets the job.

we get chatting and he agrees to my terms of a monthly clean and then goes on to say he did have a w/c who is his neighbour (house no5) but has not been around for 3 months due to a bad fall from a LADDER >:(
although he is in a bad way he is however slowly on the mend.

i was debating wether to give him a knock and see if he would like me to clean his windows too but i had second thoughts as i thought this would be like rubbing salt into his wounds (which by all account are not good)

seriously, i do feel sorry for the guy but in this day and age with wfp technology this need not have happened
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Sanity

Re: another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:47:01 pm »
hehe.  Might be worth knocking the door of No. 5 and offering to sell him a WFP system, or see if he has any work for sale :)

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:55:02 pm »
hehe.  Might be worth knocking the door of No. 5 and offering to sell him a WFP system, or see if he has any work for sale :)
i did wonder about his work situation, i might leave it till next month then give him a call
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Tim Rose

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 05:57:14 pm »
Sell 'im a franchise.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 05:59:32 pm »
Sell 'im a franchise.
not a bad idea but with 2 vans already on the road not sure i'm ready for another just yet
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 06:02:50 pm »

i was debating wether to give him a knock and see if he would like me to clean his windows too

Would you have given him a discount because he's one of the brethren ;D

cat9921

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:02:05 pm »
G.C.S

Have a heart, Poor man has fallen off his ladder...
We all say that we are not against Trade, But when an accident happens we splash it on here  :'(

I know you probably dont mean it like that  ;D

You don't mean it like that do you  ;D

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 07:16:10 pm »
That happend where I live a window cleaner fell off his ladder , he could not work for months and lost quite a bit of his work.
Why not go and ask him if he wants you to clean his round for him while he is off ( so he keeps his customers ).
Tell him that  when he is fit for work again you want 20% of his round for looking after it for him.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:35 am »
G.C.S

Have a heart, Poor man has fallen off his ladder...
We all say that we are not against Trade, But when an accident happens we splash it on here  :'(

I know you probably dont mean it like that  ;D

You don't mean it like that do you  ;D

no did not mean it in a nasty way, far from it,
just making a point why we should all be using wfp
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 09:15:54 am »
That happend where I live a window cleaner fell off his ladder , he could not work for months and lost quite a bit of his work.
Why not go and ask him if he wants you to clean his round for him while he is off ( so he keeps his customers ).
Tell him that  when he is fit for work again you want 20% of his round for looking after it for him.

A window cleaner fell off his ladder round my area, i said ill clean them till he comes back,so he can have them back not for 20 percent of his round ,for nothing,ziltch,fook all,0

Yeah mate. Just do it for the takings while he's off. If you can't handle all of it ask around some of your trusted mates :D
While he's off talk to him about WFP.  Might be able to help him out there ;D
You never know he might give you some work and be a good mate YOU might need one day ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 10:01:23 am »
Two years ago my mate had a hernia op and while he was recovering five of us did his round for him.We just kept the takings for what we did ,by the time he was fit to work again i was about a week and half behind but made it up in the summer and he kept his round going.That is how it works for us and imo how it should work for all of us

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 03:35:29 pm »

A window cleaner fell off his ladder round my area, i said ill clean them till he comes back,so he can have them back not for 20 percent of his round ,for nothing,ziltch,fook all,0

Yeah mate. Just do it for the takings while he's off. If you can't handle all of it ask around some of your trusted mates :D
While he's off talk to him about WFP.  Might be able to help him out there ;D
You never know he might give you some work and be a good mate YOU might need one day ;)

David
that's not a bad idea dave, might just do that
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Jago

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 06:20:43 pm »
I would do it all for him and gice him a percentage of the total earnings you made for him
To Do Is To Dare

Majestic

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 10:08:01 pm »

The window cleaner said no , none of his work was done and he lost more than 20% of it . People got fed up of waiting for him to get better and get  back to work.