This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Rose

Re: Why pay more?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 01:01:26 pm »
In my experience most of these taglines are either ignored or taken the wrong way or not in the way you inteded.

I used to have on my business cards: "We're not satisfied until you are"

It seemed a good idea at the time!

Better to say as little as possible these days....

Joe bloggs
Window Cleaner

It does exactly what it says on the label

Hey, that's a good one! ;D
Would you bother with a phone number, pj?

:)

tonylee

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 01:01:46 pm »
i know mate.
flyers or adverts that look good to one will always be flawed to others.
i would go with what happy with, and pound the streets where you already are.
following up with a knock as i think people buy people.
tony

Pj

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »
Would you bother with a phone number, pj?

Naa

just a picture of you.  if they see you they'll think, "Hey there's that enigmatic baguette sniffing, beret clad entrepreneur, lets make him clean our windows, why pay more"

See?  Subliminal always works best 8)

bluez

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:57 pm »
 ;D

If I ever move to the U.K. I am going to start......

"The Undercutting Window Cleaning Co."

Get them to price it and we'll beat it ;D

Seriously though wtf is the issue with undercutting, nearly everyone does it in every business that I am aware of. You pick your section of the market and you market to them. If you want the lower end you offer cheaper prices or discounts and if you want the more discerning end you add value and talk up the service.

Nothing wrong with " why pay more" imo if thats what you're after, but why not just extend your area a bit instead and leaflet or canvass if you want more work.
hi

trevor perry

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 01:24:02 pm »
 all big businesses compete on price a lot of supermarkets have slogans to this effect ie tesco ,morrisons, asda there is nothing wrong with saying "why pay more" some customers will be attracted by the promise of a bargain others would rather pay more but think they are getting a better quality service but it is worth a try , as for any who are scared of healthy competition then they are obviously charging to much for the service they are providing.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Dean Aspects

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:25 pm »
You cannot compare what we do to a supermarket they buy huge stocks and sell usually at a minimum profit and rely on the huge amounts they sell making huge profits we operate in a completely different way our profit is in the time taken to do the job and can only do a certain amount of work in this time

Dean