This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

twin resin
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »
some one posted about using two di containers and changing resin in a certain order to prolong life , any one want to remind me  ??? ??? by the way i have ro man 300 with one 750ml di and was wondering if a bigger di or multiple di units might extend resin life? I already have a routine where i remove only blackened resin from cartridge then take out clean used, set aside, half fill with fresh then top up with clean used i find that thismakes my bag of resin last about half as long again but its still a regular expense so if i can get more out of it then i will be happier ;D

Re: twin resin
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:23 pm »
We use the same system with 2 canisters of DI after RO.
Fit a TDS meter into the system after the DI. That way you will know when all the resin has had it's day.
Far less quess work involved then.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:43:54 pm »
i use a hand held tds on the finished product as the in line one on the ro is crap.do you find two canisters helps extend resin life  ???

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:49:55 pm »
.do you find two canisters helps extend resin life  ???

Makes no difference as 100 grammes of resin will clean x amount of water. 200 grammes would clean 2x amount of water etc etc.
Get an inline meter, seriously, far less work.

macmac

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:02:18 am »
.do you find two canisters helps extend resin life  ???

Makes no difference as 100 grammes of resin will clean x amount of water. 200 grammes would clean 2x amount of water etc etc.
Get an inline meter, seriously, far less work.

It doesn't work like that neil, the benefit of twin DI's is that one pre-filters the other. It is of much more benefit however to DI only systems.

Tony

macmac

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:08:41 am »
Say you start off using 1 vessel with an input tds of 50ppm. after a while the tds from this vessel will start to rise, 001/002 etc. At around this point you will have to throw this resin away & fill with new resin to keep your water at 000ppm, now you have a new filled vessel still with an input tds of 50ppm.

Now, if you had a second DI vessel you could fill this one with fresh resin & use the first one to pre-filter it! so, the resin reading 001/002 that you were going to just throw away is now acting like an RO by pre-filtering your fresh resin in your second DI vessel. So the input tds of your new vessel is just 001/002ppm & not 50ppm. You just connect the two together with a short piece of standard hose pipe. The tds in the vessels will still rise but there is a method to make it last even longer & vessel 1 wont reach your tap tds before vessel 2 needs changing anyway. but i will cover this if you need the info & do go with a twin DI set-up.

This method allows you to get every last drop of use from your resin & is much more economical than just using a single DI vessel.

As DA SERVICES stated, using a good quality virgin resin like dowex or tulsion will give you maximum efficiency with this twin DI system.

L.J. THORPE
I posted this a while back for someone, hope it helps. ;)

Tony

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:10:48 am »
three flipping cheers!!! someone who reads the posts before typing a reply cheers for that mate ;D ;D