This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Rose

Re: council estates
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2008, 06:53:04 pm »

ah, a window cleaner.  Hardly Richard Branson are you.  Just like all the other window cleaners, scruffy whiners on the make, just jobbing between the dole office and their evening job.  Learnt their trade on the QE2 the way they clean.  Will rob ya by not doing the back then charging full price.  Scruffy bunch. 
Not trying to belittle your sentiments, Ssnity, but where did you think this came from? Have you thought about how these sterotypes arose from even?

Noone's going to disagree with your sentiments, you have just grabbed the moral highground, that's all, and are firing off your mortar and gaining widespread approval, but you are definitly over-reacting.  I suggest you register on a truly racist/nationalist site and tell them what you think, as really you are just preaching to the converted here.  Seems to me like you need a figure to hate, for ANY reason, and youthink you've found it here.  Well I don't think you have.  A more mild-mannerd forum than CIU I think you'll be hard pressed to find.

richyp

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2008, 07:23:10 pm »
i am going to cut to the chase pal,  and u r a total tossa, end of!!!!! i was brought up on a council astate and u insult the entire working class population with your pathetic remarks. people like you knock this country down with your stupid philosophy on life. there might be plenty bad people on benefits on council estates in this country, but for every bad one there is 50 good ones.

richy

jampot

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2008, 07:34:16 pm »
richy

:-* :-*
nice1

jonah

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2008, 07:38:33 pm »
I would just like to say that when I started this thread I had no intention of wanting people to fall out and argue ! My intention was just to state that im my experience I have had no problems with customers in council housing !  All I am trying to say is that you should not bypass these customers because imo you are missing out on valuable custom .

TennetClean

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2008, 07:39:40 pm »
i was brought up on a council astate and u insult the entire working class population with your pathetic remarks. people like you knock this country down with your stupid philosophy on life. there might be plenty bad people on benefits on council estates in this country, but for every bad one there is 50 good ones.

Great.  You clean your comrades windows then mate.  Because I wont.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jonah

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2008, 07:44:14 pm »
tell me about your childhood tennet........was it a happy one ?

richyp

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2008, 07:48:30 pm »
i dont forget where i came from thats all i am saying u plonka

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »
lol,
sry that comment then looking at your pic on the side made me laugh

richyp

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »
is that the guy from thunderbirds, virgil or brains?

jonah

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2008, 07:53:59 pm »
Dunno think its brains .........or was it that fella from Er ?

jampot

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »
lol,
sry that comment then looking at your pic on the side made me laugh

ww when you said that  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2008, 07:55:06 pm »
not sure did not have a tv in our council house, some posh person nicked our tv when leaving dog poo on our road to keep people thinking bad about council estates, think they were miffed because we had more money than them, but smaller house   :P

jonah

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2008, 07:59:37 pm »
Thats nothing ........we were so poor there was ten of us all sleeping in same bed ! 1st one out in morning was best dressed  ;D

jampot

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »
Thats nothing ........we were so poor there was ten of us all sleeping in same bed ! 1st one out in morning was best dressed  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jonah

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2008, 08:06:42 pm »
You laugh ......I had to go to school dressed as a belgium general ! took me years to realise why the kids were saluting me in assembly !

Tim Rose

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2008, 08:07:33 pm »
Not a Rear Admiral?

jonah

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2008, 08:09:40 pm »
sorry rosy we couldnt afford the admiral section in army surplus !

Tim Rose

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2008, 08:11:11 pm »
Well, the emphasis was on the 'rear' in rear admiral.  LOL!

jonah

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2008, 08:12:59 pm »
Is that the guy at the back of the ship ?

TennetClean

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:47 pm »
i dont forget where i came from thats all i am saying u plonka

Er.. ok then.

I don't know what that has got to do with me, as I wasn't brought up on a council estate, but if it makes you happy then its good I suppose?

All you people who are jumping on the "hard-done by council estate dwellers" bandwagon to have a go, if you think I am the only person in business who wont work council estates, then you are sadly misguided.  I'm sorry if you find that offensive, terrible, emotionally unsettling or whatever else insecurity issues its bringing up for you then that's too bad, but guess what that is the world we live in.

If you think that's not fair, then guess what else, LIFE isnt fair.  Thats capitalism.  I dont think its fair that I pay taxes for people to sit at home and watch telly all day because they cant get off their lazy backsides.  But that's life.

I don't care that you don't think its the right attitude or thing for me to say, but I can guarantee that there are plenty of other pro window cleaners who are reading this forum who are thinking exactly the same as me but aren't saying anything because of the flak it will cause.

I do care about getting a good price for my work and not having to deal with aggro from chavs and dog poo etc.  For that reason I have made a conscious decision not to bother with council estates.  If you live on a council estate and are not a chav, then I'm really pleased for you.  Well done.  Give yourself a pat on the back.  But it doesnt make any difference to me one way or the other.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean