This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Rose

Are we going to get away with it?
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:39:03 pm »
Anyone else expecting to work a full day tomorrow (Friday)?  (snow and cold etc.)

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

Re: Are we going to get away with it?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:44:05 pm »
 forecast  for me says........ Yippeeee Doooo Daaaaaaaaaaa , although a wee bit windy ;D
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

Adam Boss

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:48:53 pm »
Inside offices tomoz so no problems for me.
Hope you can all get out and earn.
Adam
EST: 1988

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 06:51:04 pm »
Forecast for somerset is a bright day and cold
so lets hope so,
didn't work cleaning today but not far behind so not really bothered
 got a big week next week though

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:04:22 pm »
slipped disc....well real bad sciatica(i hope) since yesterday afternoon so nothing till monday at earliest regardless of weather :( :( at least i can walk today ....a bit ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »
slipped disc....well real bad sciatica

let me guess, somebody told you ( not a doctor, maybe an alternative type doctor or friend ) that you have a slipped disk, well its extremely unlikely. My mum has a real slipped disk and can barely walk and is in extreme agony all the time. Its a common myth where people believe they have slipped disks, if you did you would really know about it, Luke

ps. hope you get better soon because back trouble can be really bad  :) Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:28:40 pm »
Muscle strain usually takes about 4 days to go back to normal, if it doesnt its something more serious. Try Ibufren for a couple of days only to relax the muscle and gentle lying on your back excercise after the 4 days.
As a professional always, do warm up cool down excercise, especially this time of the year.
I have a prolapsed spine and found the backpack worked it just fine.

scud

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:29:40 pm »
   Sciatica is caused by what is known as a slipped disc, in reality it is technically a prolapsed disc that squashes the sciatic nerve and causes severe pain through the buttocks and down either one or both legs.
  I suffer with it, but recently have started a new body building/strength programme and also stretch first thing in the mornings and have not had sciatica since before xmas.
  The advise these days is to carry on when the worst of the pain has subsided, usually takes me a couple of days after a particulalry bad attack.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 07:32:03 pm »
slipped disc is a misnomer i just used it because that is a term that most people understand mine is partially prolapsed and was diagnosed 9 yrs ago i had extensive physio at the time and regular core strengthening exercise helped no end ,trouble is when it aint hurting i tend to forget to do the exercise and then sometimes it flares up, i wasnt even doing anything strenuous when it happened and yes at the moment i am using a stick to get to the loo which is about as far as i can get at moment (couldnt even do that yesterday,believe me you dont want to know the details :-[ howevr fact that its bit better today makes me hopeful)

scud

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 07:36:51 pm »
  I sympathise with you LJ, just before xmas I was working when I had a couple of twinges, should have taken the warning but carried on regardless. Next thing I was on the floor and trying to stop my pole landing on the customers car.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 07:37:05 pm »
Sorry to hear it mate, carry on doing your work. I can somewhat understand what you are going through because of my mum, take care  :) Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 07:39:12 pm »
scud weight training is brilliant for sorting out your back i agree  iused to go to the gym 3 times a week on advice of physio lady she said that strengthening the muscle around the spine was good way to prevent flare ups. have to start with small amounts of weight and build up  gradual i found dead lift and squats best also "good mornings" but only used olympic bar with no weight for these

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 07:42:51 pm »
luke no worries mate i know where your coming from lots of people use the term slipped disc without really knowing what it implies i just thought everyone would think i was being a pretentious nob if i put "partially prolapsed" ;D ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:46:11 pm »
No, use the term you want mate  :) Could I suggest you did what my mum did, go on a pain managment course, that might be able to help a little, sorry to hear your having trouble with your back, its great that you manage to work at all, well done, Luke

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »
this won,t get rid of the problem but i suggest you look at your mattress , i suffer from lower back pain as i broke it in a fall some years ago , get yourself a memory foam topper it works brill for me , for me the difference when i started using mine was amazing alan

NWH

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »
Was this thread supposed to be about the weather lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
cheers chaps your concern and advice have brought a lump to my throat :'( as for pain management luke iam managing it right now with mc ewans champion and sloe gin ;D ;D ;D (come to think of it that might be where the lump in my throat came from :-\)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 07:57:15 pm »
Was this thread supposed to be about the weather lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
sorry it just escalated,rosy wont mind ;D ;D ;D ;D

aztec

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 08:00:49 pm »
a drop of scotch heals all!!

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:39 pm »
Whats happened is this - due to the recent bad weather, your wallet has been on a diet and no longer counterbalances the weight of your equipment, this has lead to an unnatural forward stoop due to your empty back pocket. Unfortunately things look unlikely to improve in the short term. :o