This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev R

Protecta Balls- design protected
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:49:29 pm »
Protecta balls are apparently design protected.

These exact size and colour balls can be bought from Tescos and Sports shops for £1.99 for six. Of course they are not drilled to accept a hose.  Are protecta balls really design protected? After all its an existing invention and in nautical terms not a new concept either.

Comments please

RO-Sheen

Re: Protecta Balls- design protected
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:01 pm »
What do they do?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:54:49 pm »
protect your hose.

Didn't know you can buy them anywhere else. Perhaps they are made from a different material, I'm sure Alex will explain.

Question is, what can you use it for else? Tennis?

Kev R

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:00:36 pm »
What do they do?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/EZ-Snap_Range.html

They are used to protect your hose connection.

They are sold in exactly the same colours as indoor practice golf balls also

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 05:01:39 pm »
What do they do?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/EZ-Snap_Range.html

They are used to protect your hose connection.

They are sold in exactly the same colours as indoor practice golf balls also

also cat play balls thats a keyword you missed Kev ;)

Kev R

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:13:07 pm »

also cat play balls thats a keyword you missed Kev ;)

Nice LOL  ;D

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 05:16:40 pm »
I suppose it means you can't market or use a similar idea in a similar way for this purpose.It's probably okay to do it for yourself, it might even be okay to do similar for another use.

I mean, the typex people never stopped anybody painting football pictches did they?

Tim Rose

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 05:18:01 pm »
They're bloody rubbish, utter waste of money, you might as well get a dog turd and pack that around the end of your hose for all the good it'll do.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »
They're bloody rubbish, utter waste of money, you might as well get a dog turd and pack that around the end of your hose for all the good it'll do.
Have you used one ??

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
That is quite funny rosy, but maybe a little hurtful. It might look to some like we're running a thread to have a go at him and I don't think he deserves that.

Kev R

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 05:27:23 pm »
Have you used one ??

I havent replaced my hose connection for 18 mths thanks to those little puppies. ;D

Well said Ian LOL  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:46 pm »
I suppose it means you can't market or use a similar idea in a similar way for this purpose.It's probably okay to do it for yourself, it might even be okay to do similar for another use.

I mean, the typex people never stopped anybody painting football pictches did they?

Alex mentioned this previously on another thread. You aren't legally restricted from going buying a couple from tesco's, drilling them and using them yourself,... but if you buy in 1000 of them and start marketing selling them yourself,... then you're in trouble!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:58:30 pm »
for the price they are I would go and get them from alex anyway, I have far better things to do than sit there drilling holes in balls.
good idea and if it pay him fair play IMO

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:05 pm »
not having a go at alex or anyone but must say i am inclined to agree (up to a point i really dont like dog turds)i dont think they make much difference to the lifespan of fittings

NWH

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:15 pm »
My protecta balls last longer than my mininbore connecters.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 06:22:17 pm »
My protecta balls last longer than my mininbore connecters.
;D ;D i am there on that, in fact i find that connectors and taps...or "flow controllers" (we all know they are taps) are the weakest link in my set up ,maybe i am just abit rough

NWH

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 06:26:28 pm »
The material on the mini-micrbore connecters areto soft,look at the internal part of these connecters and you`ll find that they are or get chipped easily leading to the pole hose getting stuck or difficult to release,they should be made purley from stainless steel internally aswell as the outside therefore they would last ages,maybe that`s why the manufacturers don`t they want us to keep buying them.

Tim Rose

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 06:30:12 pm »
Have you used one ??
Yes, I have one, and it does nothing to protect anything except it's inner self.  It's too far away from the delicate metal bit to make ANY difference.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:08 pm »
Have you used one ??
Yes, I have one, and it does nothing to protect anything except it's inner self. It's too far away from the delicate metal bit to make ANY difference.
;D ;D ;D

Tim Rose

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »
I have one of thos nice tap things from cleantech and I have to change the bit on the end every couple of months as the end drops on the floor and somehow knackers the sliding sleeve thing.

This is WITH a protector ball, the one that looks like the planet Jupiter.  Is this the fella?

Annoys me, but it does help to locate the end when I need to turn the tap off.