This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steven ainger

wfp in the wind
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:25:23 pm »
do you all clean in the strong winds like today, just normal domestic work, and if so do you find the results are ok, ive heard people say that they get alot of spotting when its windy

RO-Sheen

Re: wfp in the wind
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:57 pm »
I was cleaning today but only ground and 1st floor. Too dangerous with my heavy 45' on the 3rd floor. Ive never had a compalint and when Ive gone back to look they look fine
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:35:44 pm »
Problem is with strong winds that the windows can get filthy very quickly as the rain is blown onto glass. Many trad cleaners and wfp'ers haven't been working today.

Better tomorrow we hope.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:48:40 pm »
I have found in the past that high winds can cause spotting with wfp.  but been out working today and checked some window and they looked ok. 
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:37:04 pm »
Problem is with strong winds that the windows can get filthy very quickly as the rain is blown onto glass. Many trad cleaners and wfp'ers haven't been working today.

Better tomorrow we hope.

Peter

But how can this be? if rain was not pureish we wouldnt all be offering a rain guarantee.

Skyglide

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:25:38 pm »
We don't clean in strong winds like today. Right on the coast with salt laden air which travels 2.5 miles inland. Spots and sticks to the glass. Besides the clenliness part the poles are unsafe.

Chris

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 10:29:01 pm »
I worked all day today, and as usual my customers know that if they are not happy with the results they can call me and I will return to clean any windows they are not happy with. Guess what, as usual I did not recieve a single call.  ;)

Pittmonkey

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 12:04:16 am »
I did an experiment this week to see how quick I could clean my own windows after 8 weeks without a clean.

Did a quick slap dash over windows Monday, checked them and they were fine not a spot or drip.
After the winds we have had today the back windows are a real mess, full of white spots, fronts OK. The wind was hitting the house at the back and obviously was carrying a lot of dirt with it.

Never had a complaint after 9 months wfp, but now thinking all the work I did on Wednesday may well look like my back windows, lets see if the phone rings tomorrow.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'