This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alanwilson

Re: does this look ok to you
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 06:46:50 pm »
Sorry just noticed the big WINDOW CLEANER on the back panel :P
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 06:53:25 pm »

Oh by the way ours cost so much because it glows in the dark - GROOVY!!

Wow, that is fantastic. Seriously nice.  ;D

alanwilson

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 07:02:50 pm »
Thanks mate - we thought it would be worth it because of the amount of cars that we go by every night and think about it, you see loads of vans during the day but how many of them do you actually remember what it says on the writing?  very few - ours however have instantly become recognisable, we get loads of people commenting 'isnt that the van that glows in the dark'?

method in the madness, we could have saved about £1k with normal writing but I reckon it has more than paid for itself (and that was only in September when it was applied)
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

clean

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 07:07:10 pm »

joe.b

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 07:25:57 pm »
anyone got any ideas of a design as im stuck

clean

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 07:36:23 pm »
Do you have a company name ? that usually helps, then a logo to go with it  ;)

jonah

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:12 pm »
My old dad now 78 ran a sandblasting business for 30 years and ran the scruffiest ford transit van . He never had a week off from work as he was inundated with work !  The key to his success was he was plain speaking and didnt waffle , he knew what the customer wanted and he knew his facts about the business .  If you are honest and can do your job you will get on with a scrappy van or a suppa duppa sign written one  ;D

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 11:00:07 am »
Agree with splitting the code from the number

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

mark dew

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 11:14:15 am »
so get an answering machine ;D personally i would not use any tradesman who could only give a mobile as a contact number

i wouldn't either. Mobile numbers have no accountability whatsoever. People leave a message on my landline if i'm not home or they will call my mobile. But there are many people especially old uns who will never call my mobile number because of the unknown costs of a call.

joe.b

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 02:01:42 pm »
i dont have any idea what to do,  what colours should i use and should i go for a design or simple?

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 03:00:50 pm »
That will probably be governed by your budget.
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

zeusjazmin

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 03:33:45 pm »
as someone who uses acar for work youre van looks great to me

Pittmonkey

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 03:38:40 pm »
Would also agree it looks better to have a Landline Tel:

Have you looked at http://www.vonage.co.uk/index.php

I take it you are using a PC,  using this setup will give you a landline Tel No for next to nothing, it has all the features, call divert, answer machine, voice mail etc, and if you move, just unplug it and set it up in new PC.

I set this up due to my kids/teenagers answering the home tel no: and in my opinion it didn't come across as profesional. A 16 year old lad answering the phone is normally a grunt followed by huh! um! er! ye! c ya!

You can even have a free trial. worth a look.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

richyp

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »
like tha sound of hi vis graphics. i paide 800 notes to have my citroen relay swb done but no glow in the dark colours :-[  .have you a pic of it wecan look at m8...p.s luv those wheeltrims

philboy

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 06:53:39 am »
I have to agree with Glyn here - sure, you might be saving a few quid now but look at the bigger picture, your van says so much about you and people are sold on impressions.  We have a very clean and tidy 03 Expert and a really snazzy 07 Transporter T30, for one reason, IMAGE.  Our signwriting cost nearly £1700 between the 2 vans.  I'm not saying this to brag but what I am saying is that it works, by making sure you look good and your van looks good you have an edge over  the rest.  I know it can be tough starting out etc but its a big opportunity for you so make the most of it young man.

I'll have a word with my son to see if he can put a couple of pics up.

Some of us have tighter budgets and older vans!  ::)

Andy

Older vans can still look good!  I'm with glyn on this one, your van is the thing that people will see first and first impressions last! My van is 13 years old, I spent two days with T-cut and wax and £1300 on sign writing and as a result I've had about twenty customer come to me in the street, comment on the van and then take a business card.

williamx

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 11:05:56 am »

Put your name and address on there too.  IMHO it would make it look more bona fide and professional.

David

And when you pass the local burglar team, they know where you live and also that you are not at home. ;D

richyp

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 03:27:25 pm »
nice looking van philboy

Pittmonkey

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 04:39:25 pm »
Just shows what a few quid can do, 13 year old van and looks great. Nice one Phil!

I like the little Biz card holder on the door, never seen that before.

Also had a look at your www and thought it was very well presented, nice clean and fresh looking and if I'm not mistaken it was done with what looks like a HTML Template.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

brett walker

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 04:48:30 pm »
very nice looking van i would put your name of your business on it  8)

Brett