This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

does this look ok to you
« on: January 30, 2008, 05:42:35 pm »
hey everyone, getting some budget signage done for me van and was wondering what you thought, the extra jobs will be to the left under each other and bullet pointed

thanks for any comments

Mike_G

Re: does this look ok to you
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »
Maybe a landline phone number

joe.b

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:47:04 pm »
unfortuanately i cant put one  :(

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:48:27 pm »
how come ???

joe.b

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:50:18 pm »
still living at home and never in and cant divert that to mobile

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:53:03 pm »
looks great, nice a bold

IMHO , in todays world, a mobile in fine, afterall its a phone that some1 can call 24/7, whats better than that

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:55:47 pm »
so get an answering machine ;D personally i would not use any tradesman who could only give a mobile as a contact number

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:57:33 pm »
I would change conservatory to conservatories, and patio to patios. I would also space the mobile number i.e. 07930 993095.

Andy

joe.b

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 05:58:18 pm »
thanks mate

jaykie

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:57 pm »
also a landline lets people know what area you live in so if you live down south and travelled up north to buy something people may ring you while your up there lol

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:11:48 pm »
looks great, nice a bold

IMHO , in todays world, a mobile in fine, afterall its a phone that some1 can call 24/7, whats better than that

I agree with Matt here.  I use mobile only and people love it for just this reason.

also a landline lets people know what area you live in so if you live down south and travelled up north to buy something people may ring you while your up there lol

Put your name and address on there too.  IMHO it would make it look more bona fide and professional.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jampot

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 06:13:50 pm »
i thinks its ok mate as it is  :)
i can see peoples point about the moblie num. but, like you said thats all you can do.

nice 1  ;) ;)

Old_Master

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:28 pm »
Honestly
I dont think it looks professional.

The van is your shopfront and the better it looks the more attention it will grab and the more customers it will attract.
Not having a landline with the combination of cheap signwritting will put off potential customers.

Its better to have no signwritting  (many subcontractors dont) than to have a negative image.

joe.b

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 06:29:13 pm »
thankyou for the comment glyn, how would you put it then?

alanwilson

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:31:07 pm »
I have to agree with Glyn here - sure, you might be saving a few quid now but look at the bigger picture, your van says so much about you and people are sold on impressions.  We have a very clean and tidy 03 Expert and a really snazzy 07 Transporter T30, for one reason, IMAGE.  Our signwriting cost nearly £1700 between the 2 vans.  I'm not saying this to brag but what I am saying is that it works, by making sure you look good and your van looks good you have an edge over  the rest.  I know it can be tough starting out etc but its a big opportunity for you so make the most of it young man.

I'll have a word with my son to see if he can put a couple of pics up.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

supernova77

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »
I have to agree with Glyn here - sure, you might be saving a few quid now but look at the bigger picture, your van says so much about you and people are sold on impressions.  We have a very clean and tidy 03 Expert and a really snazzy 07 Transporter T30, for one reason, IMAGE.  Our signwriting cost nearly £1700 between the 2 vans.  I'm not saying this to brag but what I am saying is that it works, by making sure you look good and your van looks good you have an edge over  the rest.  I know it can be tough starting out etc but its a big opportunity for you so make the most of it young man.

I'll have a word with my son to see if he can put a couple of pics up.

Some of us have tighter budgets and older vans!  ::)

Andy

joe.b

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:44 pm »
yes i understand that alan but i have not idea how to spice it up without getting to much money, and ideas will be gladly received  ;D

thanks for all the comments so far

Dean Aspects

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 06:36:13 pm »
Our signwriting cost nearly £1700 between the 2 vans.

Your signwritting cost nearly as much as my van  ;D

Dean

joe.b

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 06:37:45 pm »
his signwriting cost double my van  :o ahhahha

alanwilson

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 06:45:52 pm »
I understand that some are on tighter budgets than others, what I am saying is that you shouldn't scrimp on signwriting, I'm not saying to go ott either (we did, sortof).

Rada what I would recommend is: - get a professional company to do the signage (it won't cost as much as you think)
                                                         make sure the spelling is correct
                                                         split up the mobile number
                                                         include your landline (even include 'after hours call 0xxxxxxxxx)
                                                         make it obvious that windows is your main job.

Hope this helps.

Oh by the way ours cost so much because it glows in the dark - GROOVY!!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!