Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Urine stain on wool carpet
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:30:13 pm »
Hi  everyone.I was called to a job where a customers dog had urinated on a light cream wool carpet.He has tried to remove it by scrubbing it so hard that he,s messed up the pile .Hes used 1001 stain remover on it ,then he has used a steamer on it. i ve used prochem urine neatralizer' its still yellow,ive tried coffee stain remover and red rx ,ive then extracted with double clean .The stain wont budge,its still yellow.What else can i do .iS dyeing or repair also an option.steve .

Steve Chapman

Re: Urine stain on wool carpet
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:39:47 pm »
May be good to try browning prescription and if no good maybe some hydrogen

peroxide / ammonia with some heat to try and lighten it a bit.

regards
steve

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:01 pm »
Don't knock yourself out, the carpets knackered. As Steve says you may lighten it slightly but just move on. Pays not to get bogged down with stains. Its nice and satisfying to get them out but some you just have to walk away from, this is one of them.

nevil

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:15:39 pm »
Don't knock yourself out, the carpets knackered. As Steve says you may lighten it slightly but just move on. Pays not to get bogged down with stains. Its nice and satisfying to get them out but some you just have to walk away from, this is one of them.

Amen to that.

Don't forget they have caused it. The only way you can get in trouble with this is if you have given false hope.
I always play down the chances of getting stains out. Avoids a lot disappointment.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:59:01 pm »
Steve

Your customer has damaged the carpet by using the wrong products and technique. Think of urine as requiring a chemical reaction (neutralising), not a cleaning action.

If it had been caused by a child, they would be able to claim on their House Contents Insurance as accidental damage.

Unfortunatley, most policies no longer cover damage caused by pets.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:59:53 am »
Thanks very much to the cleaning doctor for giving me advice about trying to lighten the stain ,and to ken for helping me realise that set urine stains are beyond help .The customer has realized he had caused the damage,but like a fool he told the insurance company it was caused by his dog ,so he cant make a claim.He should of told them it was red wine.regards steve@ polarcleanitall.com.