This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doug Holloway

Pro Mount 20
« on: January 24, 2008, 03:27:19 pm »
Hi Guys

How are those of you who have the Pro Mount machines finding them ?

Cheers

Doug

*paul_moss

Re: Pro Mount 20
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 03:32:05 pm »
I have the 20 and its a great machine, no probs here.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 03:33:36 pm »
Hi Paul

Is it  easy to operate and maintain, I'm no engineer !

Cheers

Doug

John Gregory

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:00:07 pm »
I've got pro mount 20,  300 hours on the clock no problems upto now , dead easy  to service .

John

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:00:37 pm »
Doug the good thing about these trucks is that they are not computerised so are very straight forward to maintain. Are you thinking of getting one?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:13 pm »
Hi Paul

Yes I am but not sure which offers the best option, Pro Mount, Alltec Cobalt , Prowler or Prochem Blazer.

Cheers

Doug

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:11:26 pm »
Hi Doug,

we have the pro mount 18 and have had it for a year, no problems at all, very satisfied with it, and i would say it is very easy to maintain (and i hate mechanics)!

We were going to go for the prowler, but for a few more pounds you can have the full set up.

regards
steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »
you need to cut down your options.

lets take the blazer & the Cobolt.... no comparison, the Cobolt has a bigger engine and a bigger blower so unless its way more expensive then chose the Cobolt.

so now compare the Cobolt and the Pro-mount. the cobolt has a 22hp kohler engine the promount 20-25hp so the engine will be comparable and so will the blowers. but 'in my opinion' it like comparing Mercedes to fiat, blueline easily win plus I know good looks don't get the carpets any cleaner, but the Cobolt is definitely a beautiful looking machine

so..... so far the cobolt wins.

The only chose you have is between the Prowler and the Cobolt, each one has its own benefits the prowler is a lot cheaper and will fit in a smaller van(no waste tank) its also demountable so is more flexible. but the Cobolt has more power and agian looks good.

If I was choosing and had the money I'd buy the Cobolt ( But I've got a huge van, so space isn't an ssue)

If I was working to a budget and had a smaller van I would chose the Prowler.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 04:47:31 pm »
You get more for your money with Promount but the service from Woodbridge is not renouned, why have you discounted Hydramaster machines? although I can see with your location that Woodbridge and Alltec are close by so that is a definate plus.

Prowlers are so simple they don't really break down, the 15hp should be good when JK gets it.

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 04:56:59 pm »
The cobalt is a really good price at the moment but when you add everything else you need its not such a bargain.I recently requested a quote for a van and colbalt from alltec £36,000 :o

Looked at the pro mount but at the time a few people were having problems and its a long way to go if it did go wrong as it would be if you bought a prowler but the difference is with the prowler you can put it on a pallet if anything goes wrong.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 05:10:11 pm »
Hi Guys

Yes the Cobalt seems good value but there are a lot of add ons.

From Leigh on Sea,  Woodbridge are 38 miles, Alltec 74 and Hydramaster 351 whci is a long way.

Cheers

Doug

Luc

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 05:36:26 pm »
I have a spitfire and a pro mount 20 running at the moment. I think the hydramaster machine are well made and i actually have it fitted in a long wheel base transit connect. the only problem is the drive to oxforsd to service it or cornwall to have it installed.
The promount is well made and easy to maintain and the power is awesome. we have easily and regually run 300ft with no problem. Generally we have had more problems with the promount and have had no hassle with woodbridge helping to sort  them out. I like the spitfire as it is a easy machine to service and run. But woodbridge are so close to me and the promounts are good machines. Personally the next one i buy will be the 18 as i dont use the 20 to its full power ever

Dave_Lee

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 07:38:03 pm »
Steve,
The £36,000 is not for everything you need, but for everything you want. Another £10,000 on top and you could have had mine. 8)
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:15 pm »
Hydramaster do give you an all in price but the Blueline do have lots more extras but like anything else if you ask any supplier you can have anything you want.

Electric solution reels must be expensive and are for old greying men that need to put their pipes away while they go to the toilet!

Then there's the liner in the van which is very professional and at £1200 should be, so if you get it down to the bare bones I bet you could shave quite a bit off but do you really want to?

Shaun

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 09:37:24 pm »
Shaun,
I think the Biggest saving to be made would be on the Van ?? Do you really need a BRAND new van ?? I would buy a nearly new one from the like of Motorpoint, however i've not been going as long as most.

Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:38 pm »
Paul you may be right but the way I look at it is that if your van breaks you can't use your TM also an older van is just that, if you buy a 12 month old van you will get rid 12 months earlier so you have to move the TM across and those things are always troublesome.

But like you say you can get great savings on a pre registered or slight seconds van.

Unless you get a prowler then you can put it anywhere.

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 12:15:08 pm »
True about the savings, but then Alltec did supply mine at £2,500 less than the local dealers best price, even with £3,500 cashback off Citroen, and more than £3,000 discount from themselves.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

jewell

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 08:23:05 pm »
HI Doug

Ive had the pro 25 for over 2 years now with no problems. I live in Plymouth which is near to Hydramaster but i chose a woodbridge and im glad i did, they are half the price and very cheap to maintain. As for the service from woodbridge i can only speak as i find and they are spot on.  In the near future i hope to purchase another truckmount and i can assure you the only place im going to is back to woodbridge.

Steve.

the red carpet

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 12:01:12 am »
i would forget who has the biggest pumps or blowers or any technicall issues, at the end of the day any t/m should make a bloddy good job of cleaning a carpet!

facts are

Alltec have the best service in the industry
Woodbridge have the worst

i have had my woodbridge machine for just over a year

2 new pumps
3 new thermostats
new length of hose
new float switch in water tank
the pressure dial has fell of in my hands and been repaired twice
the hose reel has siezed up and been repaired
new connectors on front of machine twice
whole machine having to be descalled and cleaned out as it kept cutting out 10+ times
belt tightened as pump stopped working once
and a heap of other problems
it has cost me countless days of work
i have broken down on the job at least 5 times
i hav had to cancell around 25 jobs because of it
i hav lost count of the ammount of times i hav had to phone them for advice whilst im on site because something isnt working correctly

And had to pay Alltec to fix it twice even when it was suposidly under warranty simply because i couldnt bear to take it to Woodbridge to get repaired any longer.

And to top it all of woodbridge are taking me to court because i refuse to pay a invoice for about £600 for a water softener they supplied that would aparantly sort out all my problems (that didnt) i have tried to return it to them but they dont want it?

A good portion of the invoice is 4 hours labour for fitting it, and the only fitting required is four self tapping screws into my ply lined van ::)

Im sure i must be the unlucky one because most people with these machines love them and havent had the problems i have had, but boy is there opinion gona change in a year or two down the line when things do start to fail and they get treated the way i hav.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 01:06:27 am »
Wow red carpet (sorry dont know your name).

Shame you've had such a bum deal from woodbridge.

When i had a problem with my pro mount machine they came up trumps.

I've had other problems similar but nothing compared to you.

As for them taking you to court over a faulty item, thats just not done.......

Nice to hear from you again my friend, shame its all bad!!

Let us know how you get on, we're all interested to know.

All the best,
Jason.