This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

what a day
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:30:53 pm »
got 2 new customers today whilst out so explaned every thing to them that its wfp iuse an after i did them both  they both said they didnt want them doing again as the windows are wet i didnt even try to explain againas i thought what ever i dont need customers like you so i just said ok fine also i will be on later this evening when i have had a look at my pump as it is playing up worked fine but now it seames to want to pack in on me i have disconnected the hose from the hose reel to the pump and its works fin but when i connect my microbore to it switch it on its fine for about a minuiet then makes strange noises as if it wants to shut down its a flowjet 60 psi any advise befor i start looking

peter holley

Re: what a day
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:47:13 pm »
are u running the pump on full?
mine does the same when it's running on full and the flow is switched off, it's normal

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:58:20 pm »
are u running the pump on full?
mine does the same when it's running on full and the flow is switched off, it's normal
i am running it on full flow but i dont have a veristream as i got told severel times on hear that with the set up i have i didnt need one have always turned the tap on full and it has never happened before

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 03:03:26 pm »
Sounds like you need to fine tune the pressure switch setting on the pump.

Follow the instruction on this bottom section of this page:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/What_pressure_delivery_pump_will_I_need_.html

Sounds like the spring inside the pressure switch has slightly altered with age and needs to be adjusted so that it cuts off more positively. Follow the steps outlined on the web link and it should remedy the situation. Should take no more than 5 minutes with a Philips screwdriver!

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:07:28 pm »
Sounds like you need to fine tune the pressure switch setting on the pump.

Follow the instruction on this bottom section of this page:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/What_pressure_delivery_pump_will_I_need_.html

Sounds like the spring inside the pressure switch has slightly altered with age and needs to be adjusted so that it cuts off more positively. Follow the steps outlined on the web link and it should remedy the situation. Should take no more than 5 minutes with a Philips screwdriver!
alex my old mucka its not when the flow is stoped its whilst it is running when i disconnect the hose to my hose reel from the pump its fine flows great without any noise but when i connect it back up to my hose with microbor on and switch it on it works fine for about a min and starts making noises as if its going to stop or dying will this be the cause which you mentiond as its been running great alate untill now

Mhall

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:57 pm »
got 2 new customers today whilst out so explaned every thing to them that its wfp iuse an after i did them both  they both said they didnt want them doing again as the windows are wet i didnt even try to explain againas i thought what ever i dont need customers like you so i just said ok fine also i will be on later this evening when i have had a look at my pump as it is playing up worked fine but now it seames to want to pack in on me i have disconnected the hose from the hose reel to the pump and its works fin but when i connect my microbore to it switch it on its fine for about a minuiet then makes strange noises as if it wants to shut down its a flowjet 60 psi any advise befor i start looking

And........ deeeeep breath  ;D ;D

Those customers will be gutted when the windows dry nice and clean, bet they will feel like right plonkers. Your best off without them

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »
It could be then that the pressure switch needs adjusting the other way. The adjustment screw may need tightening slightly as it sounds like it is trying to shut off prematurely. Try tightening the screw 1/16th of a turn at a time until it stops doing it.

Lets hope that does the trick.

m.b.s.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 03:21:08 pm »
It could be then that the pressure switch needs adjusting the other way. The adjustment screw may need tightening slightly as it sounds like it is trying to shut off prematurely. Try tightening the screw 1/16th of a turn at a time until it stops doing it.

Lets hope that does the trick.
thanks alex but i cannot do it till 7pm tonight as watching the terable 2 year old will you be on tonight if that dosent do it what else can it be am baffeled

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:25:28 pm »
I'll be around.  :)

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 03:33:48 pm »
There's sevice for you, Alex is going to drive from Truro to Leeds just to fix a pump! ;D

m.b.s.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 03:34:53 pm »

And........ deeeeep breath  ;D ;D

Those customers will be gutted when the windows dry nice and clean, bet they will feel like right plonkers. Your best off without them
well they wont be getting me again thats for sure

m.b.s.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 03:35:36 pm »
There's sevice for you, Alex is going to drive from Truro to Leeds just to fix a pump! ;D
if he ever did thats what you call a good freind ;)

williamx

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 03:43:17 pm »
Alex

My pump has started to play up, any ideas.

What hapens is you turn on and it runs fine, then for no reason the flow rate drops off and the pumps stops running, I disconneted the outlet hose to see if it needed bleading, but it still did not work.

I then got the spare pump out and finshed the job, while I was doing this the broken pump came back to life and started pumping water again, but only for a short time.

I think thats its the pressure switch.

mick hay

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
Good advice this Alex, i got the same problem, will be trying out the adjustment on friday...!!   ;)

m.b.s.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:50:57 pm »
Good advice this Alex, i got the same problem, will be trying out the adjustment on friday...!!   ;)
how long as yours been doing this for mick just i dont want it to packins as not got a spare yet

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 05:10:22 pm »
Alex

What hapens is you turn on and it runs fine, then for no reason the flow rate drops off and the pumps stops running, I disconneted the outlet hose to see if it needed bleading, but it still did not work.

I then got the spare pump out and finshed the job, while I was doing this the broken pump came back to life and started pumping water again, but only for a short time.

Sounds like either a dodgy connection in the pressure switch or a sticking pressure switch.  You could try taking the pressure switch off, very carefully taking it to pieces (hold onto the spring) and cleaning it before putting it back together.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 05:18:02 pm »
Alex

I had this happening for the last couple of weeks, I found out it was my inline fuse the connection was dodgy, replaced it yesterday and fingers crossed problem solved. ;) "touch wood"

mick hay

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »
how long as yours been doing this for mick just i dont want it to packins as not got a spare yet

To be honest. for about last couple of months......but got by with it..but lately, the flow stops, and i have to take the reel hose of the outlet, the pump kicks in and flows freely.

But when working the pump is on off all the time like 4 seconds on and 4 off, think its on drugs!!!..lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »

But when working the pump is on off all the time like 4 seconds on and 4 off, think its on drugs!!!..lol

You need to adjust your pressure switch.  The spring adjustment screw needs tightening slightly so that it stops the pulsing.

mick hay

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 05:51:49 pm »
Thanks alex, your a god send