Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Patti

price for cleaning dining room chairs
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:28:01 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm usually pretty good at pricing, but restaurant/hotel dining room chairs have me stumped. Last year we did 250 at a hotel and I know I undercharged. :'( Now we've 50 to do at the end of the week and I don't want to get it wrong again.

Any advice?

Patti

gwrightson

Re: price for cleaning dining room chairs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:54:48 pm »
Patti,

You say you have 50 to do, so you must already have the job,

if , as you say you know you undercharged , just add on x amount to what you charged last time so you know you arnt undercharging.

surly you must have some idea how long per chair from your past experience, simply add on x amount  per chair to make it worth while.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Patti

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:04:32 pm »

Yes we have the job already because it's part of a contract that includes hotel carpets, they want 50 chairs done while we are there. Sometimes dining room chairs are a real pain to clean - candle grease/red wine stains etc.

Just wanted to see what everyone else charges.

lands

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 04:07:15 pm »
without stain removal about a £1 a chair. But stains changed that dramatically. How do you charge it on carpets? Think of it that way.

Pete

Patti

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:09:08 pm »
Thanks guys

nick p

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:12:43 pm »
Hi

I do a local curry house every 3 months 75 chairs i charge £110 thats no stain remover just a quick extraction clean and they are very happy with this there staff even line the chairs up for me

carpet guy

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 05:17:12 pm »
A bit on the low side and you would be best to use a good enzymatic cleaner, dwell, aggitate, extract, dry the woodwork.

£1.50 - £2 depending on condition...................I would have halved that for 250 units.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 05:34:16 pm »
Patti have you seen them?

How long do you think they'll take to do?

Sometimes looking at an hourly rate can be better, under charging can get to you but over charging could lose you the client! IMO if you think to do a good job with spot removal may take you 2 hours times that by your hourly rate.

Shaun

Patti

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:33:02 pm »
We think that if we don't have any stains to try and remove, they'll maybe take 1 1/2 hrs - something like that. Me lining them up and hubby cleaning them!

Thank you everyone, really appreciate your advice.

carpet guy

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 07:39:49 pm »
Dining chairs from domestic, or commercial users, don't really get cleaned when stain free, however you  seem to have gien it some thought already, but, if there are two of you, your time might be better spent in on of the other essential tasks!!!!!!!

rob

When I worked with my wife, we worked as a team, not duplicating, but working through the various tasks in a failry regimented way, only overlapping towards the end.

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:18 pm »
Charge between 2 and 5 quid a chair dependant  on amount of fabric,fabric type and condition.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »
Charge between 5 to 7 quid  give a 10 to 20% discount for quantity.

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:10:30 pm »
I hate doing this sort of work but heres a tip.  Get a big box or table anything which lifts the chairs off the ground to a more comfortable working height.  You'll feel the benefit after the 100th chair.

Mark

carpet guy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 10:57:23 pm »
There are only 50 and two people

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:55:13 am »
£5 for seat only and £7 - £10 with back (depending on style/height of back) ............ cut 10-20% for volume though.
Customers like something off price for more items.

Your per unit cost can be doubled what it was before as your are only doing a fifth of that job and volume discount would not be as high  ;)

lands

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:17 am »
Chris, wots your mob mate. Need to speak to you about something that might be of interest to you.

Pete

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 07:05:17 am »
All my contact details are on my superbly appointed website.............  ;D

http://www.strakercleaning.co.uk/form.php

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 02:59:35 pm »
For prices suggested it's the old equation of how much per chair against how long it takes to clean. This again is dependant upon how much fabric, what type and what level of cleaning is expected. Never mind the actual number of chairs.

Personally I love the idea of a stand for putting a chair on. When the chair is on the ground I am never sure whether to kneel down to clean it or bend over. Either becomes distinctly uncomfortable.

Also as has been mentioned there is a real logistical problem of moving the chairs to where you are cleaning as opposed to moving to where the chairs are. Neither is satisfactoy but if you have somebody to help move the chairs it speeds things up tremendously especially if you don't have to get up and down off your knees.

One time I did a lot of chairs was when cleaning the rows of chairs in the auditorium of a lacal amateur dramatic theatre. I think there were about 15 rows of approximately 20 chairs. There was certainly not much room to move, the chairs are obviously static and everything was done in pretty much a sideways action. I was knackered (but well paid for the year in which I did it.)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

suzuki

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 04:07:51 pm »
aschris stated i charge also 5.00 to 7.oo a chair seatand backing and just landed 18.00 but this lso covers the fact it s after 6pm and  friday night,chemicals and travel.
hope it helps ;)

carpet guy

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 05:04:21 pm »
suzuki

What difference does it make being Friday and are you seriously suggesting someone paid you £18 per chair, for dining chairs............that would equate to around £200 an hour .

I'm really finding some of the posts on here regards pricing are way beyond reality and it occurs to me, that the grasping, must have it now, and maximum return, for minimum effort which prevails in our modern society has arrived in this industry.

Problem is, they talk a good talk, not unlike their stetson wearing counterparts.