This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

water fed pole/varistream - first cleans
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:48:46 pm »
Finally got everything setup for my system and running.. itching 2get out there

i have a 300gpd feeding into a 11ltr di vessel going into my IBC! i use a trolley one from scrim shady! looks great... about 2 go out cleaning my windows tommrow first ever time using WFP so will let you all know how i get on  :P

Question is i no i need 2 increase the flow of the varistream for first cleans but after ur second or third cleans what do you guys have the dail set at?

going to practise few cleans on my own house then i have a windows and frame job to do either tuesday or wednesday! slightly nervous but looking forward to using it.. :-X

Thanks Dave
Dave.

NWH

Re: water fed pole/varistream - first cleans
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:23:29 pm »
10.30 on everything,maybe 11.00 on first cleans.You don`t need loads and loads of water on first cleans you just need to take your time and do them thoroughly.

alanwilson

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:27 am »
I use my varistream on 1.30 all the time, about 2 on first cleans.  Why waste a lot of time scrubbing when the water will do the work for you.  I also use fine jets about 1.5mm so it blasts any stubborn dirt away better
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:53 am »
i use mine at 12 oclock but if you are using a trolley (and scrims does look good) you will automatically find your own best setting per job because you will find you are running out of water sometimes.
A good bit of advice is to make sure you start at the furthest point away from your van and work towards it.
Also, if you are using a van get a reel of microbore, a water tank and submersible pump when you can as it will be quicker than faffing around with half empty barrels and you will have a van mount as well.
Another way to make your job easier and much quicker is to buy extra long pole hose. eg, 17ft xtel buy 45ft of pole hose. You can wrap the excess around the handle when not needed and you will be able to park the trolley in 1 or 2 places only and reach all the windows of the house. The pole hose that comes as standard will mean you will have to move the trolley every couple of windows. A right pain and time consuming.
Good luck with it.

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 02:14:42 am »
oh yeah, i used to have the setting at 10 - 11 oclock like nwh and still do when water is tight, but i now prefer a much higher flow rate when i know i have enough water to get through the day.

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 02:54:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies lads.

Just been cleaning my windows the windows dont sheet so i thought the were going to come out terible but there quid good! few spots here and there but for the first timer really impressed. had the dial set about 12 o clock

how do you get rid of air locks? in the pump i thought i had one before water was just dripping out but seem to sort its self out.

what is the correct way to remove an air lock so i no for future! dont want to set up then find no water comes out and look like an idiot lmao.

Dave
Dave.

Sanity

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 05:19:24 pm »
For airlocks, I simply disconnect the pole hose then run the pump at full power until the bubbles stop and the tone of the pump changes, then reconnect the hose.  I turn my varistream to about 11o'clock on maintenance cleans and 12 for first cleans.  Saves a bit of water that way ;)

I also found that using a flocked brush on beading windows gives a better clean / rinse....

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 05:29:41 pm »
I haven't got a trolley, but I've had airlocks. I have a double male hoselock that I connect and suck. This will beat any airlock, but probably all you need to do is raise your water above your pump? (I can't do that with a 400l tank).

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 05:32:54 pm »
The water is above the pump,

What i ended up doing is disconcting my pole then i run the pump for a little sec or 2 like sanity said. just its a hozelock connector that i connect my hose to just thought that mite damage the pump.

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 06:07:33 pm »
Yes il sort one out in abit!

what actully do you want to see? jus the trolley its self
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:02 pm »
lol jus took one will sort pics out now.

i dont no how u post a pic gna figure that out now  ;)
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 06:36:01 pm »
Heres my trolley, pictures arent too great sorry will take another one.

Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »
Also, here is a pic of my RO and DI setup in a box i made had jus finished it here with some instulation

Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 08:08:40 pm »
there ye go easy clean,

To upload pics click on additional options and attatch pic.

Dave
Dave.

ScrimShady

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 08:11:51 pm »
i have mine about 12 o'clock, never really adjust it unless i am cleaning really bad frames.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 08:14:04 pm »
cheers richard,

I had it set to about 12 today seemed to do the job!!

Trolley is great ;D
Dave.

ScrimShady

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 08:18:37 pm »
glad everythings ok,
when i get a air lock in my trolley i open the valve on the pole, turn the varistream up a bit and wait for it to start flowing, it will start pretty quick,

dave0123

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »
Ok thanks,

havent got a valve on my pole yet going to ge one this week tho. You mean a pole valve to control flow at the pole?

Yer everythings ok:)
Dave.

ScrimShady

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 08:26:16 pm »
yes
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Flow_Control_Valves.html

i have one of these valves in the hose on the pole so i can shut the water off, it makes life easier

john tomkins

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 08:30:57 pm »
I like your RO/DI box Dave, have to knock something up like that myself ;D