This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

DI water
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:02:46 pm »
for everyone who is DI do you just make it up in the van or do you hold a tank at house with water also?

DASERVICES

Re: DI water
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »
DI straight into tank in van

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 02:58:24 pm »
you use msn DA?

macmac

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:15:26 pm »
Fill tank in van with tap water at full pressure ( 400ltr in approx 15 mins for me) then pump through 2 DI's in van. if i get short on water through the day this allows me to fill up from custy's outside tap. Easyest & quickest way allround ;)

NOTE. JSMC-
You can't pump water through a DI at full mains pressure as it wont purify water at such a high flow rate (well, not down to 000tds). The flow rate of the wfp pumps we use is fine though. So, if you were to DI before tank it would take quite a long time to fill 400ltrs.
tony

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:32:37 am »
Tony,

This is the first time I am going to have to disagree with you ;D

You can pump through di vessel at full mains pressure provided your di vessel is large enough. But your TDS wont stay at 000 for long, if you slow the rate down then it goes back down to 000. To fill a 500l tank it takes me around 15-20 mins.

But then again it is up to each persons option how they fill their tank and what is best for them.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:11:17 pm »
Nobody disagrees with macmac and gets off lightly - watch this space. ;)

macmac

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 02:35:18 pm »
Tony,

This is the first time I am going to have to disagree with you ;D

You can pump through di vessel at full mains pressure provided your di vessel is large enough. But your TDS wont stay at 000 for long, if you slow the rate down then it goes back down to 000. To fill a 500l tank it takes me around 15-20 mins.

But then again it is up to each persons option how they fill their tank and what is best for them.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT! I'M WRONG? ;D

Fair enough doug, i've tried it with a 11ltr vessel & had to turn the flow down quite a bit, mind you, that was in the dark old days of purolite!
My tap pressure is massive though, i've never come across another domestic mains supply with such huge pressure before.
But my point is still valid with topping up mid-round if DI's are in van ;)

tony

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:26:42 pm »

But my point is still valid with topping up mid-round if DI's are in van ;)

tony

Agree with you there Tony but in Scotland customers tend to turn off their taps in the winter so I was having to drive back to fill up. So invested in another tank :( ;D

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:30:21 pm »
ok so i fill my tank in van with tap water and then have 2 DI vessels make the water pure ? have  the vessels after the pump

macmac

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 08:04:20 pm »
ok so i fill my tank in van with tap water and then have 2 DI vessels make the water pure ? have  the vessels after the pump

Yes, yes & yes. ;)

tony

JSMC

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 08:54:10 pm »
ok going to purchase 2x11ltr tanks then.