This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

traditional cleaning gave it a go
« on: January 20, 2008, 12:08:44 pm »
got the gear from her Da and cleaned my flats windows this morning. erm not as easy as it looks. :-[

few streaks i noticed once finished. no bad for first attempt though.

squeejay

Re: traditional cleaning gave it a go
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:50:53 pm »
keep it up mate and take your time speed will naturally come later even so you should still be able to to do £50 quid a day easily and in two months you will have gained enough speed to be doing a £100 a day . bast of luck mate . SqueeJay.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:55:35 pm »
Good luck with that.

Unfortunately, with trad cleaning there are so many variables that can affect the end result it would be foolish to try to suggest why you are getting streaks.

But heres a list of things that can influence it:

How much water you have on the mop.

How new/good the blade on your squeegee is.

The angle that you approach the window (how you're stood, the way you sweep the blade across the glass)

How quick the water is drying (sufficient water, sunny, windy)

What chemical you are using.

Your technique (covers everything really, but it has to be said)

How dirty the windows are.

Proficient with both hands?

Dry scrims.

Clean scrims.

Just a few to be going on with.

HTH

Matt

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:35:59 pm »
feel a sif i need to learn it anyway as WFP will not be suitable for everything. I reckon be easier to learn WFP that Traditional

alanwilson

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 03:01:25 pm »
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I feel anyone wanting to be a wc'er should learn trad methods first, once they are competent enough then learn to use wfp.  I think it helps them appreciate how good a job they need to do to keep their custys happy.

fair play for trying JSMC, you seem very enthusiastic, keep asking the q's and get out there and get plenty of work.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 03:04:17 pm »
done my mums house and still streaks at very top of window. I think me needs more practice LOL. will do friends houses

xxmattyxx

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 03:06:26 pm »
I mostly (90% of the time) detail prior to blading off JSMC, this way it helps to prevent runs and excess water around the edge when I detail again after blading.

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 03:29:08 pm »
I mostly (90% of the time) detail prior to blading off JSMC, this way it helps to prevent runs and excess water around the edge when I detail again after blading.

please explain how to detail

birdymiller

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:03:26 pm »
I think that detailing is the technical term for wiping all the suds that are left around the edges of the window after you have bladed. Like matty says you can do this before or after you have bladed. The more competent and confident you become "detailing" wont be an issue. But whilst you learn mop, blade, then wipe around the edges of the window with a dry scrim. On first cleans and very dirty windows i wipe round the edge of the window with a towel that i wipe the sills with, before i blade. Works a treat.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:47:29 pm »

please explain how to detail

Detailing.....use a bone-dry cloth, most use scrim; wipe with your finger 'gloved' by the scrim round the window edge, like I said I mostly do this PRIOR to blading and ALSO after, its just how I do it, I know some dont feel they need to detail at all, some only after theyve bladed. I do find with some windows detailing isnt necessary at all, mostly on wooden frames.

Matt