This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Rose

Re: How do these two statements impact on your business?
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22:16 pm »

If you need a stategy Rosy I can help.

Strategy for what?  A shop or w/c as a service?

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 05:04:01 pm »
I enjoy strategy.
I do have a retail business too and have been successfull but there is no way I could expand now.
A friend imports, wholesales, retails bags and suitcases from china. That's quite good, but you should have started ten years ago.
I have two other friends with succesfull retail websites. One is wedding tiarias, the other is young peoples pop/music T shirts. Both of these work because of the high intrinsic interest.(In strategy terms).
If you are trying to retail or Etail a commodity you are up against it.

Richard Branson finds a partner with expertise, borrows half the money and spreads the risk and then allows the expert to run it with his branding.

And yes I do have a killer window cleaning strategy.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 05:08:37 pm »
Interestingly- in strategy terms-
Many of our suppliers run successfull window cleaning businesses. Gardiners and omnipole, I can think of, and there are probably others.So this is a strategy that works.

I forgot to say. In strategy terms, and in my opinion, the cleverest man in window cleaning is Ian (L).

Tim Rose

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:10 pm »
Surely the cleveres man in w/c is the man who doesn't lift a w/c finger?  Is that Ian (L)?

(ps, who is Ian (L)?)

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 10:26:55 pm »
Surely the cleveres man in w/c is the man who doesn't lift a w/c finger?  Is that Ian (L)?

(ps, who is Ian (L)?)
Ian Lancaster I think he is refering to