This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

decent poles and brushes?
« on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:04 pm »
quite new to wfp been using a extel 24ft pole with the new vikan brush not that expressed with either pole bends like a good un and brushes just spreads if you put any pressure on. i have a old second hand tucker pole and brush which i use for facsia and conservatory jobs great pole and brush but so expensive new and a bit tatty now for window work. Any thing on a par with the tucker stuff. Heard the ionics pole is good but brush so not so good designed for hot water. Dont mind spending a bit for a good robust domestic pole and brush any ideas. I Want a 24ft and mini pole

alanwilson

Re: decent poles and brushes?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:27:09 pm »
24ft I'd buy a prolong or hybrid although the prolong will outlive the hybrid substantially.

for a mini pole just about anything will do.

as for brushes the tucker are the best, you can buy them from aquafactors for about £15 quid although you'll need a gooseneck for them to fit to.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

tatman

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:17:02 pm »
£15 i think there a bit more than that mate ;D

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:18:14 pm »
£12 that`s how much they are,look through the site properly and to be honest that`s overpriced.

tatman

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:19:05 pm »
why you think there no good?

tatman

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 08:23:04 pm »
cant see any price breakdowns on that site am i missing something?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:36:49 pm »
£12 that`s how much they are,look through the site properly and to be honest that`s overpriced.

They are more like 40-50 odd quid each. They are similar to the Unger Carbon Tec Hi-Flow but firmer bristles in comparison, with a slimmer,stiffer backing to the brush. The Tucker brush also has more bristles than the unger version. The Unger version may be £12-15 but not the Tucker one unfortunately. The Tucker brush is 10 times better than the Unger version which is similar in appearance but not in performance.

tatman

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 08:59:27 pm »
thats what i thought mate dont know £12 came from any brush at that price is gonna be average lets be honest

NWH

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:07:12 pm »
You have to go on the site and look into the spares section there`s about 3 sub headings you have to go through to get to it,ring up and say your a supplier and require say 10 samples and the price will be £12 each.If your mug enough like i was to pay £ 54 with carriage then be my guest for a 9" brush,that brush sold to a supplier goes for £12 to them and they then sell it to you for about £44.The vikans also go for about a fiver a pop to a supplier that`s why the prices vary so much from supplier to supplier with the vikans,some are more greedy than others you can pay over £35 for a vikan swivel brush from some online companys though they only pay about £5-6 for em.

tatman

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:18:02 pm »
£120 for ten brushes will be ringing up mon morning ;D

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 09:23:09 pm »
Don`t forget your a confident speaking already supplying brush salesman when you ring up,ask for 10 brushes mixed you know what i mean 4x9" 4x12" 2x16" don`t ask for 1 size lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 10:16:41 pm »
£120 for ten brushes will be ringing up mon morning ;D

After you get them, email me: easycleanwayne@msn.com if they are the genuine Tucker brushes and NOT the Unger replica ones which are rubbish in comparison because I'll be ringing up after you for 10 as well.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 10:28:50 pm »
They are genuine Tucker brushes i have 1.

stevekennedy

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 10:32:15 pm »
How much do the tucker brushes weigh?

NWH

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:37:24 pm »
All Tucker brushes are is stock with bristles that`s what your buying when you go to the spare parts menu on the website,normally when buying your first brush unless you already have a tucker pole they would expect you to want the fitting kit also,the brush on it`s own weighs about the same as a Bentley maybe i tiny fraction more but not that you`d notice in use it`s light.I found that with the tucker brush you have to go right over the frame,it dosen`t allow you to cut into the corners as easily as other brushes.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 10:59:17 pm »
I'm always using tucker brushes and go over the frames all the time, so no probs cleaning in the rain (apart from the odd customer which we all have ;D). I bought a new mono filament Vikan a couple of months ago, tried it using cold WFP water and threw it in the shed. Did not like it one bit. Re-tried it again this week using hot WFP water, not bad at all. Scrubs slightly better than a Tucker as it's firmer bristles and sits against the glass better. Feels unusual after using Tuckers for so long now but getting use to it.
Funny how we get use to certain brushes and don't like change.
Every now and again I make comparisons between brushes on different types of windows to see which works best on what, ie. dreaded leaded's, sash, flaky frames, etc.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 11:02:24 pm »
How much do the tucker brushes weigh?

Steve:

If you use Ionic poles which I think you do, you could take off the ionics commercial brush head and replace it with a Tucker brush head. It's lighter, holds less trapped dirt in the bristles and the flow of water is better. You should try it and make a comparison for yourself :)

tatman

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 07:21:36 pm »
ANYONE ??? By the way £12 for tucker what rubbish ;D more like £50 +vat

stevekennedy

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 09:16:15 am »
Where is the best place to buy one of these brushes?

M Winner

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 02:34:41 pm »
Tucker brushes are over £50.00