Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

where do you get prefilters ?
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:41:22 pm »
where do you lot get your pre filters, what size are they and how much do you pay for them.

Re: where do you get prefilters ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:15:15 pm »
most that are wfp will use them anyone  ::)

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:07 pm »
as in the earlier post" pre-filters", ive just ordered some 10" filters from gardiners there £13.37 + vat + p+p

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:25:04 pm »
as in the earlier post" pre-filters", ive just ordered some 10" filters from gardiners there £13.37 + vat + p+p
are they like these ones ?
http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58_53&products_id=457

I have not had to buy any as I had three sets

LWC

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:31:19 pm »
gardiners got a good deal

Set of 3 10" Pre-Filters
To make life easier when changing your pre-filters we have put together a set of the 3 pre-filters needed for all of our 10" based RO systems.
Price: £13.37 (Excluding VAT charge at 17.5%)

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Popular_Items.html

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:49:14 pm »
gardiners got a good deal

Set of 3 10" Pre-Filters
To make life easier when changing your pre-filters we have put together a set of the 3 pre-filters needed for all of our 10" based RO systems.
Price: £13.37 (Excluding VAT charge at 17.5%)

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Popular_Items.html
i only have 2 of them  :-\

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »
wintecs the cheapest by miles
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 07:40:02 pm »
http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Debris+Filter&x=9&y=11

I think you have the same pre filters as me Ian.

Get a load of the ones on your link and a matching load of ^^^ ones.  These are VERY cheap mate. You have a 40 inch RO nd you will have a sediment and carbon filter in your pre filter housings.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 07:52:50 pm »
http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Debris+Filter&x=9&y=11

I think you have the same pre filters as me Ian.

Get a load of the ones on your link and a matching load of ^^^ ones.  These are VERY cheap mate. You have a 40 inch RO nd you will have a sediment and carbon filter in your pre filter housings.
what is <<< up the other way ones ??

brightnclean

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:00:15 pm »
lol mate   ;D

The ones in the link in my post and a matching number of the ones in the link to wintecs in your post. The ones in mine are 5 micron sediment (Or debris) ones and the ones in yours are the carbon block ones. A set of them is just what you need Ian. At that price get yerself a year or two's worth.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:07:34 pm »
lol mate   ;D

The ones in the link in my post and a matching number of the ones in the link to wintecs in your post. The ones in mine are 5 micron sediment (Or debris) ones and the ones in yours are the carbon block ones. A set of them is just what you need Ian. At that price get yerself a year or two's worth.
I am doing, just didnt want to buy 100 of each if they are wrong  ;)

*foxman

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 11:56:19 pm »

Cheap usually means nasty and nasty will knacker your membranes in no time. It is very easy to get hold of cheap prefilters but they are useless and spent in a week or two, you wont notice the effect untill your membrane has had it in 6 to 12 months sometimes sooner - you will start to notice production and quality dropping off in an alarming rate. Buy second rate prefilters and be prepared to replace your membranes on a regular basis. Decent prefilters protect your membranes and keep it going for years.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 12:03:20 am »

Cheap usually means nasty and nasty will knacker your membranes in no time. It is very easy to get hold of cheap prefilters but they are useless and spent in a week or two, you wont notice the effect untill your membrane has had it in 6 to 12 months sometimes sooner - you will start to notice production and quality dropping off in an alarming rate. Buy second rate prefilters and be prepared to replace your membranes on a regular basis. Decent prefilters protect your membranes and keep it going for years.
I replace my perfilters monthly  ;) I dont need to but for pennies i know it is working right  ;)

*foxman

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 12:11:23 am »
Very wise - but even so, if someone were to do the same buying trashy prefilters their membrane life would still delept 75% faster than if you used decent ones... and that is changing them every month! most leave them much longer and wonder why they need to fork out for new membrane every year.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 12:26:59 am »
Very wise - but even so, if someone were to do the same buying trashy prefilters their membrane life would still delept 75% faster than if you used decent ones... and that is changing them every month! most leave them much longer and wonder why they need to fork out for new membrane every year.

foxman even though i agree with what you are saying in a roundabout way, how do you know these filters are not the same as the ones you are buying at 4/5 times the cost ?

also where in the world did you get that it would deplept MEMBRANES 75% FASTER?
unless you make these or you know something that I dont, I think you plucked a number and thought that sounds good lets add that, sry dude I am not trying to knock you but please back this up and say I am writting rubbish, i honestly think you cant back this up in any way so therefor a totally worthless post, if i am wrong i will eat my words and add a post to say I was wrong on this one  ;)

Ian

ClearviewServices

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 12:35:18 am »
windowwashers  20 to go..  ;D

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 12:36:31 am »
windowwashers  20 to go..  ;D
20 to go for what ??

ClearviewServices

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 12:37:44 am »