Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

If you had the money would you buy a Truckmount

Yes
83.9%
26 (83.9%)
No
16.1%
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Doug Holloway

Truckmount
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:16:22 am »
Hi Guys

As we have a number of threads going down the TM/Porty path, if you could afford a TM would you buy it ?

Cheers

Doug

Re: Truckmount
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:11:58 am »
I voted yes and I think you will get a lot of yeses. :)

However if you had said you have £10k to spend on your business, would you use it to buy a truckmount? I think you would get more interesting answers.

If I had the money would I buy a Ferrari? yes

if I had the money would I buy a Sunseeker? yes

if I had the money would I buy a football club? Never

carpet guy

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 11:26:55 am »
Not at my age !

But, even if I were 42, I would be looking at products, systems, that would allow me to do a quality job, with the least damage to my body.

This is where personal opinion takes over, as no matter what evidence you put in front of some people, they will not deviate from their personal choice.

A static T/M would not be included in my choice of tools.

If it came down to impressing clients with my equipment, I would follow my instincts and call on my observations, which have taught me, that, excluding the bottom end clients, more people understand that a mature tradesman with a leather carry all type of bag, is more likely to give a high quality  service, than someone driving up in a flash  van, with a trunk full of tools and calling you " mate "

Easy enough to apply the analogy to carpet cleaning

rob

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:35 am »
polls like this are a load of rubbish and pointless. You get all the skint portable user who couldn't afford a truckmount anyhow voting no. Not because they honestly believe they don't need a T/M but because like I've already said, they can't afford one, so want to convince themselves they don't want one.

it easy when you can't afford something to convince yourself you don't want it, and would not use it if it was given to you.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Bennie25

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 11:45:50 am »
some people might genuinely not want one, like they do alot of work in flats or somthing, lol.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 11:56:21 am »
who are these people who just do flats or can never get parked close enough, it must be some one who only work in big cities ( which I'm sure there are companies like this)

and people slowing down to retirement probably won't want one.

but if you've got 20+ year left in this industry and use a portable for your domestic work then you should be aiming to go truckmounted.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:08:27 pm »
Age 45. I could easily pay for a t/m.

More than happy with a top Ninja.

It's mainly the types of places I go which has never made me consider moving to a t/m.

However somebody might convince me at Carpex or an NCCA event. I do acknowledge that I might be coming from an ignorant point of view. "No" is not neccessarily for ever. But planning to retire sometime in next 5 to 10 years.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

liahona

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 12:21:34 pm »
Doctor Carpet.  You mentioned retiring in 5 to 10 years.  Get a truckmount and then you can retire in 5.  Why waste the extra 5 years, retire early.  Best, Dave.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 12:27:14 pm »
Dave

Very tempting.

Actually on target to retire in 5. Just giving myself wriggle room unless something goes wrong.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 12:36:22 pm »
Doug

Think this unfair as I can’t vote  ;) but if you put it another way would I buy the top of the range TM NO.

Mike O

A Ferrari biggest lamp of lard there is ;D, Sunseeker YES.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »
Yeah those Enzos are rubbish. ;)