Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Roberts

Re: Glides
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 01:41:56 pm »
Well lucky were not talking about motorcycles, :D if you choose a bad company greenie then that's bad luck, they exist in every country, but like I said there is a good reason why the toolmaking in this country and yours is being sourced out to the east, (Hungary and others too) you can get get the same quality for less than half the price which is the reason major company's in this country like Flymo, hoselock etc swapped their tooling manufacture to there. (and the reason why our manufacturing industry is dead as you cant compete)

If I were producing glides in bulk I'd certainly look into it, but like you say quality control is key so best not experiment when you have people waiting for orders or buy unseen stock, I would of let them machine and supply, if there wrong you dont pay.

The glide i had done here was my design, i used ProE, using delcam for the machining, hence I just paid for machine time.

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 06:00:45 pm »
Dyson said he would never switch abroad, but as soon as the novelty of the cyclone wore off, so was his manufacturing.

carpet guy

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 06:18:08 pm »
How many of you knew that the Rotowash is made in INDIA ?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 06:21:53 pm »
i like my green glide but is wearing already and ive only had about three months and its got some very nasty cuts in it i dont think it will last a year  :(  bit crapy if it doesnt

john rees

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 07:33:30 pm »
I caught my new glide on a nail when working in an old castle!on the very first job I used in on! :( but after a few minutes with sand paper it's as good as new! ;D

all the best
                                                                      John
john

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 02:00:51 am »
i like my green glide but is wearing already and ive only had about three months and its got some very nasty cuts in it i dont think it will last a year  :(  bit crapy if it doesnt

Worry not 1st, the glides come with a 1 year wear warranty, if you wear it out it's Replaced, it's 100% free the first 6 mo. and prorated after that.  Plus if you honestly don't think it's worth 100X it's cost, I'll personally refund your money regardless of where you purchased, I don't care if it was given to you second hand.
Fair enough?

Your glide will scratch, it'll get down right ugly on the bottom....but it'll keep on glidin' and saving your back and not damaging textiles regardless, all those baseboards and furniture and tile floors will thank you.

Joe H

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 07:37:24 am »
That sounds like a good warranty.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 10:52:02 am »
For £100 it's the best money you will spend, it'll save your career or should I say your back!

Did I ever metion that I was the 1st person in the UK to get a glide?

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 09:33:27 pm »
i didn't know that shaun

:o  ;)
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 09:49:44 pm »
Well back in 2002................

I was also the first person in the UK to get a RDM well back in 2005............

Back in 1997 I wasn't the first person to find out that the female of the species are not cheap to keep :'(

Shaun

carpetworx

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:50 am »
the green glide is a god send,just done six primary schools at around 2000m2 each this month,and i don't think i could of lasted without my glide.Looks a bit worse for wear now though. :P