Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Roberts

Re: Glides
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 01:36:47 am »
Seeing what China, Taiwan etc puts out I hope you make the best of it as there quality is stunning in toolmaking, cnc and plastics. I had a local machine shop cnc machine replicate a glide out of teflon  for 30 quid that was made to my spec which i still use today after 2 years.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 09:10:23 am »
Jeff

Misinformation usually starts a lively debate.

In my opinion people come on here for enternainment and debate., aswell  as information.

Ive nothing against truckmounters , most people could go out and get one some might only manage to keep it for a year  or give themselves undue preasure,

Everyone is equal apart from Doug and myself we have the power of the button.

I would not want to ban you , as you are obviously an industry EXPERT

carpet guy

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 09:14:16 am »
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa Jeff

To suggest t/m owners are well informed is asking for trouble and you should know that the best informed and respected people in the industy in the U K are almost all users of portable machines.

Never assume, particularly when you say your main market is users of portables

rob

Just read Ian's comment....................I never use the title of expert ,as it's like putting  target on someones back

mark shannon

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:16 am »
Ian i agree but it would be a shame to loose Greene's expertise

Bennie25

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 10:33:20 am »
Green Glides are expensive.

But when you buy one you'll see they are very high quaility, and the fit is perfect!

On my wand i mean its like smack on. For this reason I would not buy another brand as i would be afraid of being dissappointed, but if anyone knows of a glide made to this standard for less let me know.

not sure how long they last but its at least 2 years.

It makes moving the wand much easier and lighter, it just feels better to clean with,  once you try one you wont go back.

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 10:36:29 am »
Greenie,

Backhanded though it may appear, I was complimenting you on your business activities. I have a lot of admiration for those who develop a product that genuinely helps CC, but more importantly the ability to put a high value on it.

The Glide is a perfect example of this.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 10:54:38 am »
Jeff

Your opinions are valued but it is not very good manners  and rather pointless to make sweeping statements about forum members, lets stick to facts not hyperbole.

Forum politics can be a bit of fun but are generally useless and certainly don not enhance the CC industry.

As the largest forum we will have a wide range of views and experience BUT we will not allow the I am better than you attitude, a very inexperinced CC may have in depth knowledge of, say marketing from another industry.

You can buy me a beer sometime !

Cheers

Doug

carpet guy

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 11:49:37 am »
Long distance beer Doug I think Jeff and Co are based in Canada, but could be the U S

Phillip Mold

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »
Not knowing who is who on here, i.e. who works for or represents makes of machinery is becoming very wearying.
When I posted "forget glides, get a wonderwand" it was a litle tongue in cheek I admit, BUT

In my  admittedly imited (2 years) experience I have tired a variety of wands, with and without glides, I am happy that my wonderwand is streets ahead of of the others I have tried, and I have tried all sorts before I commit my own hard earned.

I would advise anyone to try first, and make their own opinions!.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 12:49:02 pm »
Ian i agree but it would be a shame to loose Greene's expertise

I do not want to loose his expertise and have said so.

Philip do not let anyone intimate you. The problem with suppliers is they want to hear good things about their products.  Like you I know nothing about Glides

I also think if they were £50 there would be more sales but Ive no idea how much they cost to make and design and what the product lifespan is estimated to be before others come into the market. Obviously Jeff would have to take that into account in pricing his product.

Going back to my hero JP one of his first products was the consumer awaness message I think it would fit onto 3 A4 sheets he sold it for $250  per copy.

When Poloroid Camers and into days market Digital Cameras first came on the market they were very expensive now you can get a Digital or throwaway poloroid very cheap

Phillip Mold

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 01:25:02 pm »
Thanks Ian, they won't, because I am still getting business, satisfying customers, getting referrals and making a living that satisfies ME!.

However, my main point is really that being a humble carpet cleaning with a high level of inbuilt sceticism I firmly believe in trying first and using what works for ME!

I do not expect everyone to find the same tools work best for them, hence my concern that there are people who seem to thing that they have found the perfect  equipment, even more so when I come to find out that they sell it!.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 01:26:34 pm »
£100 What is all the fuss about. IF they last as most people who have them seem to say atleast 2 years and you get some of the benefit ie better recovery, less stress on your back @ what would work out @ 0.96pence a week. As i said before only had mine a short while linked to a 400psi Ninja standard type 2 jet swan neck wand, and it works like it say's on the TIN sorry BOX  ;D ;D

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

mark shannon

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2008, 01:34:44 pm »
Ian i agree my slightly tweaked JP consumer awareness message (recorded by my wife because i sounded like a plonker) is worth every penny of the £500 i spent on the whole Piranha package a few years back.

stevegunn

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:04 pm »
I got a glide from woodbridge £35 it was rubbish did not fit wand correctly,just did not feel right.

Hydramaster had the greenglides on special offer for £50 and I bought the greenglide, what a difference so much better than the cheaper one.Even at £100 well worth the money and when I need another one greenglide will be the one I buy.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2008, 04:46:04 pm »
I have had my greenglide for a couple of years now and it has played a major part in making my life easier. Wanding with the truckmount was really difficult as the vacuum power tended to make the wand stick to the floor, and I am not a small person. With the greenglide I can now use one hand if I want to and do not get so tired at the end of the day. The £100.00 price tag I think is a small price to pay for the benefits that it provides. I even use the same wand now for when I use the portable and get slightly better dry times. As that famous advert say's " every little helps"  :D

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 03:59:33 pm »
Seeing what China, Taiwan etc puts out I hope you make the best of it as there quality is stunning in toolmaking, cnc and plastics. I had a local machine shop cnc machine replicate a glide out of teflon  for 30 quid that was made to my spec which i still use today after 2 years.

Mark, you are kidding right?
Did you just say Stunning and China in the same sentence?

Here is a story.
We once were so busy we exhausted our plastics wholesaler's supply of virgin teflon rod, (we only use this one company from experience with others) so being in a pinch, sure enough he sourced a quantity from another company, that particualr lot came straight out of China, we used it.
That was a $8500 mistake, the material had not been properly annealed and as soon as we cut it, it bowed and warped, 50% of the production run was scrap, not to mention the wasted machinist hours I never got back, and the ped off customers who had to wait for material resupply. You can take your Chinese quality comments and shelve them.

By the way, the glide you had "replicated" wasn't a GreenGlide was it?  A lesson from the Chinese, it's easy to copy once the Research is done.

carpet guy

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 05:14:22 pm »
The Japanese, used to be spoken of similarly, reference their cars.............look at them now !!!!!!!!!!!!

rob

colin thomas

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 07:55:38 pm »
what a load of hot air, greenie is one of the most helpful guys you will ever come across, he has a passion for the industry and will help anyone, sure he wants to sell but i think he gets a bigger kick from helping cleaners improve their cleaning performance, got a machine performance problem? ask greenie,

colin
colin thomas

carpet guy

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:52 pm »
Hot air is good Colin, speeds up drying, before I knew what glides were I'd made some years ago from plastic tubing. I had tried metal first, but they were too thin to have much effect, the plastic certainly stopped the wand from digging in, but they kept coming off, so I gave up.

Never thought there would be a market for a refined product, years later. I'm sure others would have tried similar experiences, likewise experimenting with hoses, customising tools, etc.

I got it wrong with hoses playing around with narrower rather than wider

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 10:16:54 pm »
If the MOTORCYCLES they are shipping in from CHINA are a sample of the QAULITY !!!!! they are turning out then it will be another CENTURY at least before they produce a gide as GOOD AS GREEN GLIDES  :D :D :D

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk